I'm starting my cut tomorrow

So I did a VLCD Feb-April and lost 7.5kgs, I was exercising 6 days a week. Then went overseas and ate a lot! Cam home and struggled to drop calories and have been all over the place since, but definitely eating above BMR and eating around TEED for at least the last four weeks. I've put 2.5kgs back on which has done my head in a little but I'm fit and strong as I've kept my exercise up.

I got a BMF last week and it says I'm burning 2200 a day which is very similar to what scooby calculates. My weight loss has plateaued for at least two weeks and Given I have been off the VLCD for about ten weeks so I'm ready to give it a go!

I haven't competently dumped my binge tendencies so am hoping that I don't derail myself. Trying to remember it is a marathon not a sprint!

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Good luck :) Im planning to do my cut after a reset of 4 weeks....nearly half way there :)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Nice look forward to the results!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Me to!! I think I am ready to start my cut! I surely can pack away 2300 + calories without feeling bloated and I have pushed my fat clothes to its maximum stretch capacity! Let's do this! ;-)
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Another week of maintenance for me, I really hope I'll be able to cut calories without feeling deprive!

Keep us posted!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Good luck with your cut!! I am starting week 6 of the reset and am trying so hard to go the full 8wks but like cinico said above I can put away my calories no problem and feel fine but I can't wait to do cut and get started losing!!! YAY!!!

We really need to get a sticky going on the forum about being starting the cut to watch how others progress!!!

Good luck to all of you getting ready to start the cut!!! :happy:
  • I am officially starting my full cut a week from today, but decided this week to try a little "pre-cut, cut" lol. This has been quite the process. I lost 30 lbs before joining MFP doing it all the wrong ways and ate maybe 1200 calories compared to the 2400 I am suppose to eat to maintain. I can now eat 2400 with ZERO problems other than I want to eat even more than that now!

I did one calorie cut day just to see how I would manage and cut to 2050 calories (I also exercised 575 calories according to my HRM that day)

In short, my feelings are that it is going to be very difficult to cut calories again despite the fact that I eat clean most of my meals and should be satisfied. Anybody else feel that way?
  • sw1498
    sw1498 Posts: 13
    So I'm failing miserably, I like eating more now! I'm eating at about 1950 but was aiming for 1700. I don't like feeling deprived (binge tendencies) so perhaps I just need to slowly work my way to my cut LOL.
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    So I'm failing miserably, I like eating more now! I'm eating at about 1950 but was aiming for 1700. I don't like feeling deprived (binge tendencies) so perhaps I just need to slowly work my way to my cut LOL.

Don't be so hard on yourself! If your BMF says your TDEE is around 2200, then a 15% cut on that is 1870 cals...1700 is over a 20% cut, which isn't really recommended...most believe in doing 15% or less for cut.

I think your 1950 (11% cut) would be a good start, and you should see a steady loss over time, even with a smaller cut :ohwell: Keep it up, and see what happens!
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Oh, goodness, I AGREE with ^^^^^ Eat! This is not a quick fix plan! I know you can do it. It just takes patience and preparation and putting together your macro puzzle. Have fun with it! If you do it the right way, you will never fall off the "wagon" :smile:
  • sw1498
    sw1498 Posts: 13
    Thanks team :) I may just start with a 10% or so cut I think. I don't have much to lose (about 7 pounds), I'm mostly in this to get stronger and lower my BF.

Going to adjust my cals to 1900 and see what happens. Thanks again.