Looking to lower my cardio

Options
TripleJ3
TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
Currently I lift 3x's a week for about 30 min but that includes rests so its more like 20 min of actual work out. I do HIIT atleast 3 times per week for about an hour or so, and sometimes I'll do a 4th day if I am feeling it. I do take about 45 min to an hour walk 3-4 days a week at a light slow pace with my daughters.

Theres so much going on around here that mentally I am having a really hard time. Its not EM2WL fault, but EM2WL was easier to handle mentally before all this other junk piled up! Running used to be such a stress reliever but now I am dreading it. I am not enjoying the high afterwards and while I still think things out while running....with everything going on I just don't have the heart anymore.

Today is the start of week 6 of my reset. I was thinking I would still do my same lifting just cut out the running for now and just do my walks 6-7 days a week. I run a daycare from my home and we do get outside but because of a number of reasons we stay close to home and I need those walks to get away! Right now I set my activity level to 5-6 hrs strenuous, what should I lower it to? While I will be exercising at least 7 hours, those walks while very hilly, are not strenuous.:noway:

Also there will be two days, maybe 3 that I will be running 7 miles so I figured I would just eat more on those days since its only one day per wk and not going to be my norm. Or should I just suck it up and stay at my current TDEE while I finish out my reset?

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hey!

From my perspective If you cut out running (and you do it for more than a couple of weeks) I would drop into the moderate range.

However if you are only cutting out running for say a week or so, then I would not.

Anyways good luck with the cut, cant wait to see the results!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I went ahead and lowered to moderate and on these few odd days I do run I will just eat a little more:drinker: