juliebeannn
juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
so i just completed my 6 week reset.

SW: 138.8
CW: 144.2

TDEE: 2150
15% cut: 1828 (322 deficit)
10% cut: 1935 (215 deficit)

i was torn for a while whether to do a 10% or 15% cut. i now have roughly 20lbs i'd like to lose, but more importantly, i want to get my body fat % down to 20% (i'm currently at 27%).

i think i'm going to meet somewhere in the middle and set my calories at 1900, between 10-15%. this will also be exactly 250 cal deficit, so theoretically i should see a steady .5lb loss a week. we shall see.

i've gotten so used to eating my full TDEE and i love being able to eat so much, but i'm still really excited to start my cut b/c i'm totally looking to see the fat just come off.

i think today's a good day to start my reset. i had food poisoning a few days ago and my body kinda shut down right before that (fatigue), so i've been out of the gym since tues morning. i've also been eating mostly carbs since the food poisoning.

i'm feeling great now and totally recharged. i'm ready to go hard at the gym, hit my macros again and start my cut!!

wish me luck!!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Good lick! I look forward to the results!
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Keep those of us that are several weeks behind you informed on how it is going. I just finished week 4 and want to get past the 4th at a minimum before starting my cut - will do at least 6 weeks but I'm not sure about 8.

If it was hard for you to first get up to TDEE, just take a look back at what you added in to your intake. 250 calories isn't all that much if you can shave a bit here and there. Go back to lower fat foods, drop portion sizes just a little. You can do this and we're rooting for you!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    YAY for you!!! I am getting so antsy - Starting week 6 and really would love to Cut now but TRYING to hold out for 2 more weeks...Not sure if I will make it though...I do love eating more but am so ready to lose some pounds!!

Congrats to you for doing it and make sure that you let us know your progress so we can see how well you do!!! :happy:
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Me too I a ready to start my cut!! Let's do this!!
  • juliebeannn
    Keep those of us that are several weeks behind you informed on how it is going. I just finished week 4 and want to get past the 4th at a minimum before starting my cut - will do at least 6 weeks but I'm not sure about 8.

If it was hard for you to first get up to TDEE, just take a look back at what you added in to your intake. 250 calories isn't all that much if you can shave a bit here and there. Go back to lower fat foods, drop portion sizes just a little. You can do this and we're rooting for you!
    congrats on finishing the first 4 weeks. i think the first 2-3 weeks are definitely the hardest. keep it up!! :drinker:

yeah, i'm not worried about dropping to cut at all. i'll probably take out the handful of almonds i used to eat and the extra here and there i used to add to reach TDEE. i feel most days, i had to calculate just right to get to TDEE but on the days i had dinner plans, reaching it was NOOO problem. haha. :laugh:

i'll definitely keep you guys posted!! i was originally planning on weighing-in and taking measurements every other week, but i think i'll weigh-in every week.

oh. forgot to mention this in my first post. i didn't originally take measurements when i started my reset. i bought a measuring tape and took measurements a few weeks into the reset, on 6/13. since then i've lost 3.5inchs!! this was around the same time that i stopped weighing myself. so in the last 2 weeks of my reset i gained 2lbs but lost 3.5 inches.

i'll take inches lost over what the scale says, any day!
  • juliebeannn
    Me too I a ready to start my cut!! Let's do this!!
    yay! good luck!!

YES!! LET'S DO THIS!!