Update of 4 weeks of Reset plus a question!

himel13
himel13 Posts: 146 Member
Hey everyone! Hope you are all doing fabulous!

This is a long update about my current status on the Metabolic Reset, as well as a question that I need some advice on. I hope I don't bore y'all to death. Here goes:

I have completed 4 weeks of the Metabolic Reset. My TDEE, as calculated by Scooby, is 2085, Activity level was set to Moderate, but it turned out I wasn't getting in 3 hours of exercise as planned, so I'm guessing my activity level was more on the Light side, in which case my TDEE would be 1849.
My average calorie intake looked something like this:

1st week: 1988
2nd week: 2063
3rd week: 1820
4th week: 1965
Total weekly average: 1959 (-126 of TDEE for moderate activity or +110 over TDEE for light activity)

I netted below my BMR on a few days cuz of being sick and having no appetite, other than that, its been alright. After an initial rise of 2 pounds, I have maintained my over-7-month-plateau weight of 130 pounds in the last 4 weeks. But its nice to be at this weight even though I'm actually EATING properly, rather than like before, when I was struggling to eat low cal and still being stuck at 130 pounds!

Now the question. I started the 30 Day Shred again from today. Should I log it on the Scooby calculator as 'Light' or 'Moderate' exercise? I will be doing 25 minutes, 6 days a week (hopefully), and thats including warm up and cool down. So thats less than 3 hours a week. But the exercise is pretty intense. Plus, considering I ate an average of 110 calories/week over the TDEE given for light exercise and still didn't gain/lose much, does that mean that 1950 calories is my actual TDEE..or will I need more food if I actually stick to the program (unlike the last 4 weeks)?

I plan on doing an 8 week Reset, so I have 4 more weeks to go before my cut.

Any advice anyone? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• hwillia1
    hwillia1 Posts: 26 Member
    I have only done 1 week of the reset, I'm stuck at 131/132. I would stick with moderate exercise to work out your TDEE. I wouldn't change much else if I were you especially as your at the same weight. I can't decide whether to do a 4 or 8 week reset. Good luck with it.
  • AmbitionStrong
    AmbitionStrong Posts: 46 Member
    I say, keep eating at the same level you already are. You are already used to it, dont overthink it. (Unless of course you have a really active day, eat more, lol) You are half way through! Great job!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Considering you had no gains or very little gains at what you thought was TDEE, it sounds like you are where you should be.. if you want to add in the Shred, then I wouldnt worry about changing tdee from what you are currently. (already eating, and not what the calculators say)
    If you find after starting that, there is weight loss after a few weeks, then you would need to increase your calories to find your new TDEE and maintain there. Id increase by maybe 100 cals if that happens and then see how it goes.

Since you are only adding in enough exercise to bring you right into moderate level, then eat that:)
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Thanks everyone! I'll keep my activity at moderate for the next 4 weeks and will try to keep between 1950 and 2085 cals. I've gotten so used to eating this much, making the cut will be hard! :P