Restaurant Ideas

Options
I thought it would be nice to have a thread on restaurant suggestions.

I recently found out that Jimmy John's offers an Unwich which I am thrilled by. It is any of their sandiches wrapped in lettuce leaves and wow, a nice savings in calories and I don't even miss the bread. On their site you can modify any sandwich and get the nutritional info and some of their sandwiches are very calorie friendly.

Please share some of the places you like to go and what you order as I was truly surprised by the above and wish I'd realized it long ago.

Replies

• MissMiley
    MissMiley Posts: 49
    Options
    I wish we had a Jimmy Johns here because that sounds amazing! Especially since I am trying to cut back on the carbs so an Unwhich would be perfect for me when eating out!

My go to place right now is Outback. Not unique, I know. But I really enjoy their steaks & I can go get their 6 oz special with green beans instead of the baked potato & a salad with "tangy tomato" dressing. It's fat free & a little spicy...which I like!

Of course I always pass on the bread....but honestly, don't miss it!

Cynde
  • azwalkingwoman
    Options
    I adore Outback. It is so nice to easily order, isn't it? Genghi's grill is a place I enjoy too. I love that you select all your own ingredients and sauces and voila, delicious every single time. Stirfry along with a nice glass of iced tea and I'm a happy girl.
  • Hanahut
    Hanahut Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love this new thread...thanks for starting it for us.
    Ryan's has a new Stir Fry Grill where you choose all the ingredients you want and they stir fry it right in front of you and it is wonderful. You can get chicken or beef and noodles or rice and all the great veggies to go on it. I look forward to the next time I get to go and have it.
  • azwalkingwoman
    Options
    In N Out burger's protein style sure is a fabulous meal! I order mine with mustard instead of their sauce to save some addl calories and don't miss it at all. Add some extra lettuce, extra tomatoes and I'm golden :)
  • azwalkingwoman
    Options
    For anyone in the Phoenix area, YC's mongolian is fantastic! They have the nutritional data on their site and the price is very reasonable. 11.50 for dinner includes your bowl, starch, soup, drink and frozen yogurt. Delicious. Heading there tonight for dinner and hitting the AzMills afterwards for a walk.
  • azwalkingwoman
    Options
    Tonight we're going to the Keg restaurant. They have their nutritional data at your fingertips on their website. My bf has a q for a free meal there for his birthday so our plan is for him to order his meal and I'm going to order a wedge salad and the shrimp cocktail appetizer. I'll grab a bite or two of his steak and he'll enjoy half of my wedge salad. Perfect for a light dinner before some walking and a movie. Crossing my fingers the movie is good.
  • azwalkingwoman
    Options
    I haven't tried this place yet but am thinking this would make a nice after movie stop for something sweet if we're in the mood. Smoothie King offers a thin smoothie and you can order it make it slimmer style and the vanilla is only 151 cals for 20 oz. Hmm. I will definitely report back. Anyone try these?