Newbie to this!!

Options
niknak0508
niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
I'm not sure where to start with this. I started last Wednesday, but I am sure a lot of newbies get "scared" and I did for sure. Scooby calculated my TDEE to be 2309 calories per day, which seems like A LOT for me and I had trouble meeting that goal. I burn anywhere from 500-1000 calories at least 5 days a week, sometimes 6. Since tomorrow starts a new week I thought I could start fresh, but I need some help!

Here are my stats:

25 years old
Female
5'5
150lbs
I work a desk job, but workout 5 days a week (minimum).

I'm trying to lose 15-20 more lbs. It's been quite a task and i've been stuck on a plateau for over 2 months.! HELP!

Can someone help me figure out what I should be eating? Any help/suggestions would be more than welcomed!!

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hey there..

Just so I am sure, you are burning about 200 cals a day? or are you burning 500-1000 cals a day x 5??

What are you doing for your exercise? Is it all cardio based?

It can be very imtimidating to increase your cals when you are so used to eating so little. We have all been there, scared shocked and confused as to how you go about doing it. The best thing to do is make sure you eat every 2 hours. Make sure you have protein at every meal if possible. Make sure you drink your water And concentrate on eating Healthy foods. Yes there are more cals to eat, but you shouldnt be eating junk to get them in.
    Pick regular foods.. Get rid of the low fat, low cal stuff in your house. Eat nuts, oils, spreads. These are low density, high calorie items which will help you get your cals without stuffing your face:)

Are you planning on doing a reset for a few weeks or so, or are you planning to attemp a 15% cut from TDEE and see what happens?
    We recommend if you have been eating a VLC (very low cal) diet for a long period of time prior, you may find you will benefit more from having a metabolism reset, which means you eat at TDEE for a minimum 4 weeks (we recommend at least 8). You will likely have a few gains, but this will help your body "remember" that it needs food and you arent starving it anymore. If you are sure you havent been eating a VLC diet, then you could probably attempt a 15% cut from your TDEE and give it a try from there.
    Make sure you spend some time and read through all of the stickies above and get a good understanding of what you are going to be doing with your body and how it will possibly react to it all. Its a scary, sometimes long process, but this is the BEST way to ensure you never have to eat such minimal amounts of food and be able to live life again. We want to enjoy eating and get off the Diet rollercoaster for good!

Hope this helps