JULY 2012~~~~~> (measurements,weights,goals,support)

Options

Replies

• Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just found this group!! Sounds amazing! I love the slow and steady theory as i lost 30 pounds quick before, gained zero knowledge, and gained it back faster than i lost it :explode:

My name is Toya. I weight 173 today with a goal of 148 by 2013 and 130 by july 4th of next year. I want to love me this holiday season. Slow and steady will get me there. I have set fitness goals to assist me in getting there. i plan to complete 30 day shred, ripped in 30, run a 10 k and a half marathon. My July goals are:

Exit the 170's- current weight is 173.
    Finish level 1 and level 2 of 30 day shred
    run a 10k (7/15 1st one ever!)

Here's to us!!:drinker:

GIRL! Haven't I been there before! LOL About three years ago or maybe 4 I gained like 20 pounds in a SUMMER! A SUMMER (face palm)! I was able to lose 20 and get back to my 140-145 (where I've been since my knee injury some 9 years ago) in about a month and a half! Totally crazy right?!?!? Anyway, I then got down to 130 for my wedding and I kept it off for about 9 months or maybe a year. But within that year it crept back up to 135 and then before you know it, I was back to my friggn "body wants weight!" IE- 140-145!

SO that is why we are here! To go slow and steady, to learn, to make friends, to be inspired, to inspire! Welcome! :)

I can say that the last time I was at 130 I WAS SO PLANNING on leaning out and getting to 115-120 and then nope, didn't do it! LOL So, I'm here to do it this time! :)

@NEW HABIT- 5'4! I wish I was 5'4! LOL I'm BARELY 5"3! LOL I know it's just an inch, but want it! Can I have it!?!? Just kidding! Sorry I'm feeling loopy from working out! I'm taking a small break for a green smoothie and then going to do some pilates! :) I think it's totally doable!

And you know, the thing with weight loss goals with numbers is that we really don't know what it will look like or how we will feel when we get there. I have had doctors tell me to get to 98 pounds! 98 pounds!?!!? :noway: They said it was within my BMI! Well F that, I totally would NEVER do that to myself. I remember being at 110- 112 when I was doing pilates a lot (and was friggn 21- oh metabolism! LOL) and a lot of my friends thought I had an eating disorder. I didn't, it just didn't look quite right on me being I am short and have an athletic build... No really, I do. LOL I have broad shoulders, super muscular legs, and have been told by a doctor and two different Naturopaths that I have more testosterone in my body than the average female, therefore it made sense that I will be a bit "over" my BMI. Just another reason to not go by them! LOL

Anyway, so I hear you, I am trying to get to 115-120- ideally 117 due to numerology (I KNOW I KNOW :tongue: ) and because of various other reasons that are just as silly. But hey, isn't all weight loss silly when we put a "number on it?" Granted, if I get there and it looks gross, I will go back up. I mean, we are all different! I think that when we get within 5 pounds of our goal we REALLY gotta re-access where we are and what we can maintain and mainly, if we are happy and if we LOOK AND ARE HEALTHY!

I hvae friends that are on the "let's get SUPER skinny" train and man- not only can it not happen for my body type without starving myself, but I DON"T WANT TO BE THAT GIRL! I have learned to love my body and my different shape and I think that is just as important as a scale! :)

What I would really like is to wear pants that are made for a 5'5 = 5'6 girl without having to hem them or where 3 inch heels! LOL But oh well! Guess I'll just have to continue to wear my short skirts and skip the pants route! LOL After all, in AZ I can wear them year round!

Okay- wow- SUPER BABBLING! I think I am stalling from my last workout... Okay,... Here i go! LOL Have a great weekend!!!!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Kimberg-awesome on your weightloss! Why do you think the weight is coming off slowly? I am a slow loser.

I think it's just the body not wanting to let go of any more weight. I've heard that when you get to a weight you were at for a long time your body "likes" that weight and tries like crazy to hold onto it. I was in the 150's for about 5 yrs. after college but I don't intend on staying in them! I just gotta find a way to show my body who's boss! :wink:
    Also the closer you get to your goal weight the slower the weight loss is. I would love to be at 130, though I set my goal weight at 135 b/c I would also be thrilled to get there! That would put me at what I weighed in high school! And to be a size 7 again would be amazing!! :happy:
  • dnunny
    dnunny Posts: 125
    Options

July 1
    SW: 278.8

July 7th: 276

I decided to weigh in on Saturdays because my class is at 9am; where as the one on Sundays is at 3pm.

I was really expecting a gain this week. I didn't eat well, and didn't exercise as much as I should have. Honestly, I was a bit bummed about last week's weigh in. I have to remind myself that I need to stick to it, no matter what the scale is saying. All the "debates" on the forums here have me questioning the amount of calories I should really be eating.

I'm back on track and will be stocking the house with some healthy options. I start summer school on Monday, so I won't have time during the day to do the fitness classes. I did ask if I could do water jogging in the mornings, and they said I could. I might have to get up at 4:30am on the days I can't get to the Y at night.

How'd everyone do? Happy weekend to everyone! We'll be celebrating my husband's birthday on Sunday--but healthy options!
  • doziemom
    doziemom Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I have not logged in for a few days. I am kinda disapointed with my self because I have gone way off track and have not even exerciesed since last friday. :frown: Had a lot going on, most stressful thing was car in shop for repairs and my hubby and me had to find a way to pay for it. This type of stress I now realize is a stumbling block for me. We figured it out, I have my car and she is running like a champ! But now I have to find my stride againe. SO now my point is I never commited to any goals for July. SO here they Are. \

**To Log in everyday and stay acctable to me! ( I guess this needs more work than I thoght.)
    **Stay commited to 4 days of exercise A week.
    **Start yoga One Day A week. KIMWINS- I need some advice for this, I put a post on: I was in a wheel chair for a Year, about my injury, I would love your imput on this.:smile:

**To have the scale move down, even just 1 pound.(No more back slinding.)
    **Work my way to setting big goals in August. :bigsmile:
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I have not logged in for a few days. I am kinda disapointed with my self because I have gone way off track and have not even exerciesed since last friday. :frown: Had a lot going on, most stressful thing was car in shop for repairs and my hubby and me had to find a way to pay for it. This type of stress I now realize is a stumbling block for me. We figured it out, I have my car and she is running like a champ! But now I have to find my stride againe. SO now my point is I never commited to any goals for July. SO here they Are. \

**To Log in everyday and stay acctable to me! ( I guess this needs more work than I thoght.)
    **Start yoga One Day A week. KIMWINS- I need some advice for this, I put a post on: I was in a wheel chair for a Year, about my injury, I would love your imput on this.:smile:

You can totally do this Dozie! Oh man, I totally hear you on the stress and the car thing! Both our cars broke down over the course of a month RIGHT when we got back from vacations! Had, stressing times, but it all got worked out. well kinda! LOL

Anyway, first thing, get over feeling bad and being disappointed with yourself. 7 days. You didn't do any workout for 7 days! that's not the end of the world! :) Think of the days back when you never worked out or when you didn't even think of it! You are back on track and you can do this! :) Great goals I know you will achieve them! Just remember to log no matter what! :) Even if you go over. Even i you don't exercise.

I will have to check back with the wheelchair post, I thought I commented already on what to supplements to take and what moves to do. Really- though ANY yoga that feels good for you will be good. Start easy. Don't do any Jillian Michaels Yoga burn either, that's not yoga. LOL I would go the route of Kathryn Budig, Rodney Yee, Shiva Rea OR go to yoga journal.com and they have about 20 free videos on there! :D Some range from 10-25 minutes and they are beginners and you could totally do these with your knees! :D Good for you for getting into it! Changed my life! :D
  • doziemom
    doziemom Posts: 13
    Options

You can totally do this Dozie! Oh man, I totally hear you on the stress and the car thing! Both our cars broke down over the course of a month RIGHT when we got back from vacations! Had, stressing times, but it all got worked out. well kinda! LOL

Anyway, first thing, get over feeling bad and being disappointed with yourself. 7 days. You didn't do any workout for 7 days! that's not the end of the world! :) Think of the days back when you never worked out or when you didn't even think of it! You are back on track and you can do this! :) Great goals I know you will achieve them! Just remember to log no matter what! :) Even if you go over. Even i you don't exercise.

I will have to check back with the wheelchair post, I thought I commented already on what to supplements to take and what moves to do. Really- though ANY yoga that feels good for you will be good. Start easy. Don't do any Jillian Michaels Yoga burn either, that's not yoga. LOL I would go the route of Kathryn Budig, Rodney Yee, Shiva Rea OR go to yoga journal.com and they have about 20 free videos on there! :D Some range from 10-25 minutes and they are beginners and you could totally do these with your knees! :D Good for you for getting into it! Changed my life! :D

Kim thank you , I will look into these sites. really appriciate your reply! : ) Oh and sending good thoghts and prays for your new Job opportunity! I think the only question will be if they are right for you , not the other way around! Good Luck!
  • dnunny
    Options
    I just found this group!! Sounds amazing! I love the slow and steady theory as i lost 30 pounds quick before, gained zero knowledge, and gained it back faster than i lost it :explode:

My name is Toya. I weight 173 today with a goal of 148 by 2013 and 130 by july 4th of next year. I want to love me this holiday season. Slow and steady will get me there. I have set fitness goals to assist me in getting there. i plan to complete 30 day shred, ripped in 30, run a 10 k and a half marathon. My July goals are:

Exit the 170's- current weight is 173.
    Finish level 1 and level 2 of 30 day shred
    run a 10k (7/15 1st one ever!)

Here's to us!!:drinker:

Toya-I'm with you! I am a slow loser; although I haven't really stuck with a plan for more than 3 weeks. Last time I did was back in college and I lost 1/2 of me. I went from a size 22 to a 12. That was 20 years ago. My body has changed...a lot since then. I've had two children and have a few health issues. It is going to take me awhile to get to my goal weight...which is 165. Who knows, when I get there, I might want to get in the 140's. I'll have to see. I've never been under 160. I want to be fit, healthy and enjoy exercise by the time I reach goal.
  • dnunny
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Focused for this month.

SW: 151.8

Goal for July - Loss 5 pounds more importantly is to focus on getting my schedule set to make sure I have me time every day. My life get so busy that I do not have time for my workouts or just focus my mind. I need to focus this month to find ways to fit in that me time every day so I can relieve my stress.

Jenn-I think that is hard...finding time for ourselves. I have got to do that. When the school starts again, that's when I have to really do it. I have to admit, I really enjoy the "me" time when I'm driving to the gym. I find a good song on the radio and turn it up and sing! When I go to work, I have my son (next year, sons) with me and I can't really blare the radio at 7:00am with them--we're still sleepy! LOL

I'm finding that the more I take care of me (just taking that 1 hour and exercising is me time) I feel more energized.
  • dnunny
    Options

Kim thank you , I will look into these sites. really appriciate your reply! : ) Oh and sending good thoghts and prays for your new Job opportunity! I think the only question will be if they are right for you , not the other way around! Good Luck!

Dozie-I TOTALLY get the car stress. We have one car--it is a 1999 Malibu with no A/C--I live in NC--where it has been 100+ for many days. Last week on our way home from the drive-in (2am, middle of nowhere) it was acting funny--prayed all the way home--it needed oil.

You coming here and posting that you haven't exercised is a big step. Would you have even considered exercise months ago? Take each day. You are here-that is a huge step.

Kim-yes, thank you for those links. I will also check them out. I've been wanting to do Yoga. I have a Kathy Smith VHS from years ago! I use to do her VHS workouts a lot. Yes, I'm dating myself!
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Kimberg-awesome on your weightloss! Why do you think the weight is coming off slowly? I am a slow loser.

I think it's just the body not wanting to let go of any more weight. I've heard that when you get to a weight you were at for a long time your body "likes" that weight and tries like crazy to hold onto it. I was in the 150's for about 5 yrs. after college but I don't intend on staying in them! I just gotta find a way to show my body who's boss! :wink:
    Also the closer you get to your goal weight the slower the weight loss is. I would love to be at 130, though I set my goal weight at 135 b/c I would also be thrilled to get there! That would put me at what I weighed in high school! And to be a size 7 again would be amazing!! :happy:

Please, Please, Please DON'T SAY THAT!!! I have not gotten back to my "usual weight" yet. I was 160-165 from 7th grade until I I got pregnant followed shortly there after by pregnant again. We are talking 15 years that I was the same weight (not including the 6 months when my thyroid went wonky and I dropped to 115 and back up). I don't wanna get stuck at 160, I was happy, confident, healthy and happy with my body at that weight. I am one of those that thought she looked decient at that weight, could stand to lose 5-10lbs but all and all not bad. This can not be a stopping point for me as my doctor wants me in the 130-higher 120 range (5'3"). I told the doc I would make it to 145, evaluate how I feel and go from there.
  • MrsABomb
    MrsABomb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Abigail, you and i have very similar stats! I'm also 5'3". I started at 172 but am now at 165 and hope to be at 159 by the end of July. ..

Thanks for keeping up the motivation, ladies!
  • wandam1965
    Options
    hi everyone my goal for july is a loss of 7-10 lbs because i started this journey at 295 i want to weigh 275 by my birthday in mid august

cw 289.3

the best part of this is there is no more birthdays or holidays between now and my birthday and my older kids are finally on board with not buying me junk and pops.

and they have stopped buying it and eating it in front of me so things will get easier for a while.
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    July 1, 2012
    SW: 238
    I did measurements too
    July 9, 2012
    CW: 236
  • Thankilates
    Options
    :drinker: YAY! I'm back! LOL Sorry to have been gone for so long, well it seems long! This weekend was very busy between working out, having a party and getting to know you at the new yoga studio I'm working at and then just busy with life stuff on Sunday!

My husband and I noticed the internet dragging and then on Monday I was able to get to some places but sometimes the connection time would run out. So, I am here! :D LOL

Things have been good! Working out and loving life and feeling good! I'm very excited because this weekend we are going to Sedona to stay with my parents and their doggie up there! Which means, meditation time, mountain biking, swimming, and hiking! :) I love Sedona! For those of you unfamiliar with it, you should totally google it! It's gorgeous and known to be a spiritual artsy place! :D So, I will more than likely be unplugging from the Universe and the blog/group, but still logging my food and exercise! :)

Speaking of, how is everyone's 1st week? It's my TOM starting today so i am happy to have maintained my weight! :) I dn't ever worry about it because the week after my TOM my bloating goes down... Oh that is the worse. Bloating! LOL Two days before I woke up and thought, "yup, it's here." :tongue: I could just tell... Then today I'm SUPER tired. SOOOOOO, going to get my workouts in , just going to be slower. But hey, that is what we gotta do. Push through it!

Which reminds me. For those of you still trying to find your workout schedule, or who have not been able to make their first week of workouts- two things.

1st- if you put down you are going to workout 5-7 days a week, but you only did one day- then it's time to rework it! Just put down 1-2 days and try to stick to those! :D We are doing so much more than just working out, we are setting up attainable goals so we can also feel good about ourselves! you can do it!

2nd- If you are on NO schedule at all- then I recommend trying this rule:
    NEVER GO MORE THAN TWO DAYS IN A ROW WITHOUT WORKING OUT/MOVEMENT

It's a good one for obvious reasons! :D

Okay, well let's here how you are doing! What can we do being next week we are half way through the month! are you on plan to hit your goals? If you wanted to lose 8 pounds in a month, you should be down 2-3 pounds right now... So track your progress!!!! Despite my TOM I'm going to be within my goal this month! :D Hoooooray!
  • dnunny
    Options
    July 1, 2012
    SW: 238
    I did measurements too
    July 9, 2012
    CW: 236
    Awesome
  • dnunny
    Options
    Job changes must be in the air. I was asked to do a different teaching position next year. I haven't decided yet, as I have a few questions regarding it.

I ate out at Olive Garden today. Our meeting ended 45min. early, so we had plenty of time for lunch. I got soup, salad and breadsticks (I had one breadstick). I pretended my water was the peach tea they serve. I would drink 5 glasses of it, so I got water! LOL

My poor back end muscles....they are hurting today--from pilates??? The school we are at has two flights of stairs...that will be a workout!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

Please, Please, Please DON'T SAY THAT!!! I have not gotten back to my "usual weight" yet. I was 160-165 from 7th grade until I I got pregnant followed shortly there after by pregnant again. We are talking 15 years that I was the same weight (not including the 6 months when my thyroid went wonky and I dropped to 115 and back up). I don't wanna get stuck at 160, I was happy, confident, healthy and happy with my body at that weight. I am one of those that thought she looked decient at that weight, could stand to lose 5-10lbs but all and all not bad. This can not be a stopping point for me as my doctor wants me in the 130-higher 120 range (5'3"). I told the doc I would make it to 145, evaluate how I feel and go from there.

I hope that's not the case for you! But if you find that you do stall at a weight just don't give up b/c if you keep at it the weight will eventually start dropping off again. My last plateau I had was last summer and it lasted almost 2 months but I just kept at it, working out, eating right and it was hard to work so hard and not see results but then one day the scale just started moving again! :happy: Never give up! You will get to your goal w/ hard work and determination!!

When I weighed myself this morning I was down 2 lbs. however I had the flu bug on Sunday night so getting sick so much through the night helped me lose a lot of water weight. I didn't eat as much yesterday as my usual though I was still a little over 1200 cals but it was so nice to see 153 this morning! I am SO hoping it sticks...if it still says that by tomorrow I will be doing a little happy dance!! :wink:
  • Thankilates
    Options
    I totally agree! Don't give up!

As far are your body "liking" a certain weight, which is true, doesn't mean that you can't get it to where you want it!

Now here's the thing, I am and have been at about 140-145 since my knee injury. I thought I was going to be stuck there forever! LOL Then, three years ago I was able to get to 130. Slowly, the weight came back on... But here's the thing- I started eating bits of processed foods here and there... Started having the extra glass of wine... here and there.. And then there and here...

So the thing is, is that while my body does like the 140s, I still ate crap now and then on vacation or parties, or bbqs, etc...

YOU CAN GET WHERE YOU WANT TO BE, BUT AT A COST!
    I'm not saying to a cost as in to starve yourself (Those poor people who do that- make my heart so sad), but you can't be eating junk! And really, you shouldn't want to eat junk at all. It's like all trainers say, "You can't out train a poor diet." I wish this wasn't true, but it is!

So, being I only have about 20-25 pounds to lose, these are the HARD pounds! I have been eating very clean and don't go outside the whole foods box often, but at this stage in the game for me, I have to stay in that box! LOL No TOM cravings, no extra glasses of wine and no "handfuls" of junk food when my friends are eating it. LOL

:heart: So together, we can get there!!!!! And don't worry about the weight loss, it will come! YOu just gotta keep going! I coach a friend in Colorado and she will go three weeks with no weight loss and then BLAM, on the 4th week she lost like 6 pounds! Don't ask me how that works , it just does! LOL So keep it up!

:heart: I am super excited! I got new workouts today and I am going to test some out today and tomorrow! I got Tracy Anderson's metamorphisis, Jillian Michael's Body Revolution, Insanity and some random barre work (although, being I teach barre, not really needing new workouts).

:heart: So my new plan of attack is to do whatever workouts i want today and tomorrow. This weekend I will be in Sedona, hiking, biking and swimming my little heart out. Then, on MOnday I will be writing out an entire 30 days, possibly even 60 day schedule for me to follow mixing all my beloved workouts together (the ones I listed and adding Tfire of course!). I say 60 days, because my husband is starting Insanity on Monday and well- as you know, having somebody going through something similar is the best way to get things done! :D

:heart: :heart: SO, even though we are all doing our thang... I'm going to say:
    LET'S RECOMMIT! THIS MONDAY THE 16TH, WE WILL BE HALFWAY THROUGH THE MONTH! LET'S HIT IT HARD! THAT'S NOT TO SAY "DON'T WORKOUT" TODAY, BUT IF YOU ARE "FALLEN OFF," OR FEEL GUILTY ABOUT SOMETHING, GET IT OUT NOW SO THAT MONDAY YOU CAN START FRESH! :bigsmile:

Don't restart your tickers or anything, just know that sometimes, we all need to MENTALLY wipe the slate clean! Including me! LOL I have been doing well, but I could be doign better! NO worries though, we are ALL going to get where we need to be!!! JOIN ME! Okay, time to workout! I'm so excited! LOL I love new workouts! :bigsmile:

:drinker: LOVE TO YOU !
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3.75 inches since the beginning of July with JM's Ripped in 30 workout =) I am super stoked, but I am also bummed that I still haven't really changed clothing sizes. I still have to squeeze into 10's but 12's are a little bit big. The inbetween is so frustrating. =(

I have also been battling some major emotional stuff.. my mom has been getting to me with all her talk that she is gonna catch up to my weight and that she is in better shape than me now. I know its not a competition, but I don't want her comparing her weight loss journey with mine. She has lost about 60 pounds and I am sooo proud of her.. but now that she is starting to bring me down with it by talking down to me... its not supportive. I'm within 15 pounds of my sister's weight who has never had to deal with the weight cracks like my mom gives me.

And my boyfriend is at basic training for the army, and I was handling his absence pretty well... until I got a phone call after week four. Hearing him was so great.. it just made me miss him so much more. He is my biggest support with family issues and weight loss.. and I'm in a funk.. =\

Okay.. rant over.. I am sticking with my workouts at least! Even if I am moping on the couch a lot of the rest of the time that I'm not working.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    HI NICCI! WOW Your losses are great! Don't worry about the pant sizes, it WILL come! Everybody's body is different, but working out and eating healthy and losing inches IS SUPER GOOD! At one point everything will even out! Sorry to hear about your mom! :( Might I suggest just telling her (or even reading what you wrote) exactly what you just said? I mean of course you love her, and of course it's a competition, but sometimes, even the "pushing" critique is too much. I know, because I'm one of those people who pushes! LOL Sometimes, it's best just to be honest! I bet if she knew she was hurting you, or discouraging you, she wouldn't be doing it! :) So give her a chance! :D As for your boyfriend- he'll be back before you know it! :D It's hard, but my husband and I were long distance for about 3 years and well, now we are married! LOL Life is great and well- just enjoy it! :D Again, way to go! I hear you on the in between sizes too! So frustrating! But better to be in between than needing to buy new clothes bceause all your clothes are too small! LOL :flowerforyou:

Well all- I am super excitd to weigh in at the end of the month. I was going to do it before hand, but sticking to my guns about this one.besies, it's only 2 weeks :)

Feeling good with the Tracy Anderson! I did day 3 today of Meta, and while it wansn't easy, it wasn't as hard as day 1! LOL

Okay, well hope all is well with everyone! Get redy for the next two weeks! WE ALL GOTTA KILL IT! :D