Success stories after reset?

Shannonsto
Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm pondering whether I should do a reset. I've read that Eating at TDEE support stickies, and it looks like several people have finished resetting and moved on to cut, or will be very soon. I'd love to hear how it's going for encouragement.

Replies

• terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    I'm a "will be very soon" moving on to cut person. I started out EM2WL almost 3 months ago, started in at a 15 % cut, thinking I hadn't really been eating a Very Low Calorie Diet for very long. I sort of zoned out the fact that I had done South Beach Diet 6 years ago, Weight Watchers 4 years ago, had a baby, tried weight watchers again, started night shifts, had trouble with my thyroid, started MFP at 1200 calories then went up to 1600 . . . it was all VLCD! I gained every week during my cut, did some more research, and finally realized that even though I hadn't been doing low calorie before I started my cut my metabolism was a mess from all the yo-yo stuff throughout the years. So I'm resetting. I'm no expert (obviously) but I really think doing a reset is a great idea, no matter what your back ground is. Mainly because it makes certain that you are on the right page to begin with. You eat at TDEE, basically your maintenance level. it seems that most people gain a little (a pound or two) as their body resets and adapts - then levels off. My weight has been stable for 4 weeks now, so I am very sure that I am eating at my maintenance level. Now when I start my cut, I am also just as sure that I will lose weight because that's how our bodies are tuned. it's not an easy decision - to gain weight on purpose - but it's so worth it! After a few days here and there of being a bit bloated, and a few days this week of just feeling big (it turns out I'm building muscle under this ugly fat layer, the good stuff that's going to burn that fat off when I start my cut, yahoo!!!) it's been really amazing. I am maintaining my weight on 2200 calories a day . . . lifting 3 days a week, and one or two days of some kind of fun for me cardio (i like to ride my bike). Wild! Who would have thought? And the best part, for me, is that I KNOW I can maintain. Something I've never done for very long after my "diets" I've been doing it successfully for 4 weeks.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    I'm doing a reset. This is actually my second go at it, and its going much better this time. I only made it about 3-4 weeks the first time and ended up gaining about 12 pounds. So far this time, I'm about the same weight I was when I began almost 6 weeks ago. I'm excited to see what is around the corner for me.
    Mentally a reset can be very trying, but I'm still convinced it is a very good thing, and can't hurt-as long as you think you can mentally handle the extra food and a little water weight gain.
    If youre interested, I've been blogging about my journey with it this time at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/momofmyfivekids
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    I'm a "will be very soon" moving on to cut person. I started out EM2WL almost 3 months ago, started in at a 15 % cut, thinking I hadn't really been eating a Very Low Calorie Diet for very long. I sort of zoned out the fact that I had done South Beach Diet 6 years ago, Weight Watchers 4 years ago, had a baby, tried weight watchers again, started night shifts, had trouble with my thyroid, started MFP at 1200 calories then went up to 1600 . . . it was all VLCD! I gained every week during my cut, did some more research, and finally realized that even though I hadn't been doing low calorie before I started my cut my metabolism was a mess from all the yo-yo stuff throughout the years. So I'm resetting. I'm no expert (obviously) but I really think doing a reset is a great idea, no matter what your back ground is. Mainly because it makes certain that you are on the right page to begin with. You eat at TDEE, basically your maintenance level. it seems that most people gain a little (a pound or two) as their body resets and adapts - then levels off. My weight has been stable for 4 weeks now, so I am very sure that I am eating at my maintenance level. Now when I start my cut, I am also just as sure that I will lose weight because that's how our bodies are tuned. it's not an easy decision - to gain weight on purpose - but it's so worth it! After a few days here and there of being a bit bloated, and a few days this week of just feeling big (it turns out I'm building muscle under this ugly fat layer, the good stuff that's going to burn that fat off when I start my cut, yahoo!!!) it's been really amazing. I am maintaining my weight on 2200 calories a day . . . lifting 3 days a week, and one or two days of some kind of fun for me cardio (i like to ride my bike). Wild! Who would have thought? And the best part, for me, is that I KNOW I can maintain. Something I've never done for very long after my "diets" I've been doing it successfully for 4 weeks.

Awesome. I loved reading that !!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    When I first began I dropped a few pounds at Cut.. then nothing happened..in fact I gained back what I lost originally. I m,ade the decision to go to TDEE and was going for a just a week or two.. I dropped back down those first few pounds, and then gained them back once more.. and stabilized. I went from 1400 cals (give or take) to 2800 cals, and basically had no weight gain.
    I am about to enter week 6 of the reset. My hair stopping falling out, my skin feels better, I sleep better and deeper at night... and I am not so stressed out anymore.

SO while I have no physical or scale changes at this point, I know when I do cut, it will be wonderful to see the changes underneath. I am doing things with weights I have never done before. I am lifting things I never considered possible, let alone attainable. And I feel great about it.

Reset sucks in the mental game, but honestly I know its the best thing I could have done for myself and my health