CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options
autumnk921
autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
I am starting Week 6 of the Reset and would love to hear how people are progressing now that they are doing CUT after the reset!!

I am sure that others would love to hear this as well and it seems that quite a few of you are starting about now or very soon...I can't wait to do cut!!! I love eating at TDEE and am kind of worried that I am going to be hungry once I start the cut but I am so excited to be almost there at the same time!!

Tell us your story of how you are doing after the reset is over...And how long did you do the reset? As many details as possible would be AWESOME!!! :happy:

Thanks to all of you for sharing and I can't wait to share my progress with you soon too!!! :heart:

I have heard others (and myself) saying that there should be a sticky for this - So once we get a few responses we will put this up with the other stickies for ALL to share...YAY!!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Replies

• deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i only did a reset for 2 weeks but i completely cut exercise those whole 2 weeks and ate 2500 calories.

i gained 8 pounds in 3 days

i just started the cut a week ago and already lost 5 pounds.

only 3 pounds left till i beat my plateau weight

im anxious
  • autumnk921
    Options
    Awesome girl!! Congrats to you on your loss so far!! I hear ya on being anxious - I want to just START my losing process and I cannot wait...I know I keep saying that everywhere but I am so ready NOW!!

Good for you and thanks for sharing the great news!! :flowerforyou:
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Bump! (I'm still in the early stage of my reset.) :-)
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I started my reset on 4/30. I had to up it Mid May because it was too low. In fact the first week if it I was alternating my calories per NROLFW. I finished my reset on 6/24, but had lost 5.5 pounds during those 8 weeks. So it probably wasn't my full TDEE.

Last week I started my cut, I won't lie, I have struggled with it. I netted 135 over my weekly total. Which isn't much, but found myself wanting to eat more. I also added the HIIT after my workouts per NROLFW. Who knows what's going on with my body.
    I will weigh in tomorrow.

I am wondering if I actually did a reset, since I lost weight.
  • tlhorsley
    tlhorsley Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am anxious to see some responses to this too.

I honestly didn't think doing the reset would affect me much since I had been eating at -15% TDEE for about 12 weeks prior to the reset. But I am feeling so fat and so bloated and just so yuck! I hate the way I feel and look. So I am anxious to hear how it went for others that stuck it out.
  • ji225
    ji225 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I'm starting cut today after 8 weeks of re-set, though I'm not sure if I reset enough, Certainly felt like it, the way my clothes got tight!
    Gonna do 4 weeks cut, 1 week maintain cals, then 4 weeks cut again, Will report back in Aug :)
  • autumnk921
    Options
    @ji225 - I hear you on the clothes getting tight...Same here!! We will be waiting anxiously for any updates from you soon!! YAY!! :smile:

@tlhorsley - I know how you feel (of course I whine to you almost daily...lol) I know we are both anxious to start cut and hear how others have done with it as well...Can't wait!!! :happy:

@zukkiz - At first I was losing on the Reset as well and I ended up upping my calories to an average of light & moderate b/c I wasn't at either one of those levels...You may want to give yourself a couple of weeks on cut to see if the hunger lessens b/c I know once I do cut I will definitely want those extra calories for awhile until my body adjust to the new calories...See how it goes and if you are still having issues maybe you should try to give the reset a few more weeks and make sure you use the correct activity level or maybe you are in between two levels like I was...Best of luck to you and let us know how it goes for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. I have also been just plain exhausted. I have enough energy for my workouts, but I am wiped out afterwards. I am thinking that the heat, the adding of HIIT, using the clothesline for drying, and kids out of school has started taking it's toll. LOL
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Hip-bump! ;-)
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I did an 8-week reset and gained 23 pounds going from 213 to 236. I am in week 3 of my cut. The first week I did a 15 percent cut and saw a four pound drop on the scale. The second week, I did a 20 percent cut, no exercise, and maintained the 4 pound drop. Over the weekend, I ate above TDEE just about every day (it was my birthday, geeze!) and I saw 238 on the scale on Sunday. My pants are tighter than ever this week, so I'm focusing on eating that 20 percent cut, working out, drinking plenty of water and attempting to eat cleaner. It's one heck of a ride!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I did a 3 weeks reset since I never really did VLCD. I ate at maintenance and went over regularly and I didn't gained any weight. After 3 weeks I went to TDEE minus 15%. I only weight once a cycle the week after my period but last time I lost about 2.5 pounds. It was nice to see after a plateau of 6 months. I have one more pound until next goal then maybe 3 more pounds until my next bulk cycle.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I did an 8-week reset and gained 23 pounds going from 213 to 236. I am in week 3 of my cut. The first week I did a 15 percent cut and saw a four pound drop on the scale. The second week, I did a 20 percent cut, no exercise, and maintained the 4 pound drop. Over the weekend, I ate above TDEE just about every day (it was my birthday, geeze!) and I saw 238 on the scale on Sunday. My pants are tighter than ever this week, so I'm focusing on eating that 20 percent cut, working out, drinking plenty of water and attempting to eat cleaner. It's one heck of a ride!

I'm curious as to why you went from 15 - 20% for your cut? 15% would give you more wiggle room as far as including things you love.

Stickied - I'll be here in several weeks with my spectacular cut results!
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just started my 10% cut today. Increased cals 4 months ago, did full reset for 8 weeks (put on 10 lbs!)...fingers crossed that this works for me.
  • immywolf
    immywolf Posts: 18
    Options
    Bump!
    This is exactly the topic I had been wondering about! I keep seeing people halfway through their resets, but no one having completed their reset! Awesome! :):):)
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'll start my cut in 6 days, after a 6-week reset. SO looking forward to it and will report back soon! :happy:
  • Lovesummer3473
    Lovesummer3473 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started my reset on 4/30. I had to up it Mid May because it was too low. In fact the first week if it I was alternating my calories per NROLFW. I finished my reset on 6/24, but had lost 5.5 pounds during those 8 weeks. So it probably wasn't my full TDEE.

Last week I started my cut, I won't lie, I have struggled with it. I netted 135 over my weekly total. Which isn't much, but found myself wanting to eat more. I also added the HIIT after my workouts per NROLFW. Who knows what's going on with my body.
    I will weigh in tomorrow.

I am wondering if I actually did a reset, since I lost weight.

What is NROLFW?
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone can explain this to me. Do you have to do a reset then do the cut? Then what? Do you still eat at your cut forever or go down to your BMR. I started this EMWL since I have been plateauing for a few months.

Here are my stats.

47 Female
    CW 139
    GW 130
    BMR 1329
    TDEE - 15% cut 1750
    I have been eating my TDEE - 15% cut for 2 weeks. I haven't gained anything or lost. I usually do walking videos and recently bought an elliptical. Try to burn 300-400 cals or more a day working out 4-5 days a week.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    bumping for later reading