Almost 8 weeks eating at maintenance

MariaMariaM
MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
I just wanted to provide an update on my goal to maintain my weight. My current weight fluctuates between 114.5 and 116 so it averages around 115.
I have been eating around 1900 - 2000 calories (sometimes I hit 2200) with maintenance being around mid 1900. I think I have been successful so far. I only had to increase about 200 - 300 calories so for me it wasn't a huge jump. My current body fat is around 17% (it actually measured 16.3% but I am rounding up to account for user error). Here are pics comparing before going to maintenance and today. You can see (At least I can see it) more definition on the pics at right.

I know upping calories and eating big amounts is a psychological exercise as much as it is physical. I just wanted to show that it is possible to eat the way I do and not gain weight.
Belly.jpg
Arms.jpg

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    You look amazing!!!
  • Settuccini
    Settuccini Posts: 44
    I hope to one day accomplish what you have! I'm at the very beginning, myself.

You look amazing.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    wowsers! Thanks so much for posting your results! What was your workout routine?
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    You look Awesome!!! You have my goal body...Love it!!! I cannot wait to look like that...SOON!!

Thanks for sharing!! :)
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Fantastic:flowerforyou: You rock!!!
  • MariaMariaM
    wowsers! Thanks so much for posting your results! What was your workout routine?

I did P90X. Now I just joined a gym and started the JE Live Fit 12 week program.
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Great job! I did P90X a couple of years ago before I got married/had a baby and I certainly never looked like that! Excellent results :smile:
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Nice job Maria! You look amazing! Curious about your nutrition on the first and second rounds of p90x. Were you hitting the target calories and macros they suggest? I am finding the 50% protein recommendation unreachable.
  • MariaMariaM
    Nice job Maria! You look amazing! Curious about your nutrition on the first and second rounds of p90x. Were you hitting the target calories and macros they suggest? I am finding the 50% protein recommendation unreachable.

50% was tough. I think it took me about 3 weeks to hit that number and then by end of week 4 you move onto the next phase. I would say that during the first phase I didn't really hit the macros that well because of the high protein requirement. Since it was hard, I had my goal to be as close as possible and to always be higher than carbs. During the entire P90X workouts I ate around 1600 - 1700 calories (I didn't burn as much as the books claimed but obviously it worked and I didn't deprive myself). The second phase with the 40/40/20 was easier and I was always pretty close to that target. I ate lots beef, chicken, egg whites, salmon and nuts. Because I wasn't worry about sodium, I also ate turkey / ham deli meat (free of nitrates and organic). I didn't have protein bars/shakes during my first round 2 years ago but I incorporated that during the second round this year.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    You look amazing. I don't know if with my age & disability- that that is realtic goal but I sure would love to look like that. You look like an "after" picture that was already airbrushed! Awesome!:smile:
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    you look so great! you can def see all your hard work in those abs!!!
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    I know guys and girls are different, but if that is what 17% looks like I can't wait!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Wow you look amazing! Actually I think you did in the first photo too :) I want your abs!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Wow........you look amazing! How many days a week do you work out?

Great work:flowerforyou:
  • MariaMariaM
    Wow........you look amazing! How many days a week do you work out?

Great work:flowerforyou:

I workout about 5 - 6 times a week. The intensity of workouts and lenght varies day over day.
    Currently I am doing the JE Live Fit program from bodybuilding.com. I just started a week ago.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Congratulations-you look stunning. Rock on!
  • MariaMariaM
    Congratulations-you look stunning. Rock on!

Thanks!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    You look amazing!
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    On average, how much protien do you eat daily?
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    I can absolutely see the difference. Nicely done Maria.