Hi all.....

geordiegirl27
geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
I'm fairly new to MFP and I am trying to learn to eat more, I joined WW many years ago and discovered I actually had to eat more - bizarre, but it worked and I dropped weight really well. Over the years I've kept it off until I started running regularly and I'm now finding it hard to shift the lbs.

I joined here to see if I could figure out why I wasnt losing weight despite watching what I ate (following SW plan) and exercising. It seems that my calorie count has been low, I am eating more at the moment to get my calories up and most days I'm still well under.

I'm still trying to get my head around the idea to lose weight I need to eat more, but since joining I have been adding extra's to my normal diet and I'm already seeing results, I am looking forward to sharing some experience & help along the way.

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Welcome to the group!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Hey there!! Welcome to MFP and certainly Welcome to the group!!! :flowerforyou: This is by far the most supportive group ever...Any questions just ask!! Glad to have you!! :)
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    hello!!!! ask away, we've all been there its totally coo-coo at first!!
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Welcome! You are going to love all the fabulous people here :smile:
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Hi and welcome. This board has so much valuable information. And is filled with lots of supportive people.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    thanks for the lovely warm welcome :smile:

I (normally) don't get much chance to do the board chat but I will pop by and offer support where I can.

I am feeling so out of my depth, without my exercise calories I have over 221 calories spare and know I should eat those at the very least but it seems wrong!

I have had a bit of a trauma coming home from work with an Asda lorry hitting my car - it wasn't that bad he scraped along the drivers side but the shock I though it was coming into my lane and therefore over me! He didnt even notice what had happened & I had to bang on the side of the lorry to get him to stop! So at least I'm now not adding the 1000 cals planned in my cycle & swim I suppose.

Hope to get to know you all better over the journey and again, thanks