This is how i'm doing this

Options
maidofstone
maidofstone Posts: 62 Member
So i've not got the book so i'm probably not following this the exact way, but it works for me. thought i would post what i do as it might help.

I do

Monday -down day (500cals or less) i usually just drink water or green tea, i find it easier as if i eat a little i get hungrier than eating nothing!

Tuesday - up day (i'm going eat roughly the amount of calls myfitnesspal suggests for my daily)

Wed - down day

Thursday - up day

Friday - down day

Sat- weigh in the morning then up day : )

And because i don't want to do 2 down days in a row on a sunday i will eat around 1000 cal's so not quite down or up, just in-between!

x

Replies

• 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Your plan looks like a good one.
    I'm simply planning to alternate days so that I don't get any double ups.
    What are you planning to do about exercise?
    I think it is safer if I only exercise on the up days and I will be following the C25K programme because I really enjoy it.
    At least once a week I plan to do the biggest loser bootcamp DVD because I like a bit of Bob!

Day one is going OK so far but the triplets are bugging me today as its really wet weather. We might hav eto go puddle-jumping this afternoon just to get them to calm down a bit! Oh the joys......
  • maidofstone
    Options
    i've just been to buy my 3 year old some wellies! we love puddle jumping : )

i'm starting to go walking with my 8 year old at least 3 times a week for at least an hour, and other days i will do the ea active on the playstation , or the mini trampoline some days, i have done this before with good results and i found i was o.k to exercise on down days, but everyone is going to find it different
  • Lizzie_FL
    Lizzie_FL Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i am excited about starting this. It seems very simple. Today will be my first day also and it's a "down day"... I am having coffee with sugar free creamer and plan to eat an apple later and some poached fish for lunch, basically staying around 500 cals, i plan to take my 3 dogs on separate walks this morning for a total of an hour -walking at a fast pace... What do you think?
  • maidofstone
    Options
    Hi lizzie,

That sounds like a good plan, i know from what i have read some people find this really hard to do, and the down days a nightmare, but i find it really easy and last time i did it before getting pregnant i lost a lot of weight and it kind of became a way of life more than a diet, i'm also not really strict with myself, if there is a party or something that comes up and i have 2 up days in a row i just exercise more to make up for it and have less on the next up day.

I'm excited too : ) and happy i found this site, its more fun doing it with other people.

Good luck with your first down day, if you are about to give in just think to yourself i only have to wait til tomorrow and i can have what i want : )
  • nainaa22
    nainaa22 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi,

Yes today is my down day too. I ate yesterday, but today I am just going to stick to milk and have have three cups a day. This would keep me around 400-500 calories. Hopefully I don't get hunger pangs. I am glad you created a group, it keeps me going knowing someone else is doing this too.

Good luck, your plan sounds good.
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the group. I am looking forward to breaking past my current plateau. I will be planning to alternate as well. I am going to start on the up day today and tomorrow have my first down day. My down day calories are about 600 and the up days around 2900 based on the diet website.
    As for exercise, I am still planning on doing my 5 weekdays of 45 minute cardio plus some other activities such as tennis that I do during the week/weekend. I will gauge how the down days go with exercise.
    Trying to gather up my food strategies for the first down day - low cal foods. Probably stick with some egg whites for the morning, apple, banana, raisins, cucumbers, peppers and lots of water. Sounds weird when I write it all out. The egg whites really cure a lot of my post workout hunger and I would recommend them. Good luck everyone.

Michael