Weigh in here : )

Options
maidofstone
maidofstone Posts: 62 Member
thought a little area to weigh in would be a good idea, i weigh in on saturdays and have started the diet today so i shall post my weight (loss i hope! ) on sat

x

Replies

• 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Thanks for setting this up. I'ma Brit too.....originally from Cheltenham, Gloucestershire but now I live in Switzerland.
    This morning I weighed in at 249.4lbs......eugh I'm hoping to lose at least 2lbs this week.
    Today is my 'down day' and I have had my 'down day porridge' this morning and will have the same this evening, 2 mugs of tea, 2 coke zero and 2 mugs of green tea which is a total of 498 calories.
    Are you doing meal replacement on the 500 cal days or real food alternatives?
    For the first 2 weeks I'm going to stick with my 'down day porridge' because its easy and I don't have to think about it and its filling and also has the advantage of being pretty good numbers on protien etc.
    These are my goals.

HW:279
    SW:249.4
    GWFC:235
    UGW:170
    WI1
    WI2
    WI3
    WI4
    WI5
    WI6

I'm starting this as a 6 weeker and will review after 6 weeks. If its working for me I'm sticking to it!
  • maidofstone
    Options
    Thanks for joining, ii'm so glad i found this site, its really nice to have some encouragement : ) good luck x

oh i live in not so sunny manchester!
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    I will go for a 6 week gauge as well. I am not a Brit, but hope to get to Wimbledon one day. Listening to Brits for the last 8 days on Wimbledon radio - tennis junkie.

HW:233
    SW:205
    GW:195
    UGW:180
    WI1
    WI2
    WI3
    WI4
    WI5
    WI6

I will also do Saturday weigh ins. Thanks.
  • maidofstone
    Options
    will be glad when this week's weigh in is out of the way, second week always feels better to me, not long now. i will weigh in sat morning after a down day friday and see what happens : )

By the way don't mean to be thick but the way you have written out your goals , what do they all stand for ? the HW etc..

I;ve not long had a baby thats my excuse for being dizzy : D
  • annieviolent
    Options
    I think this is what the initials stand for:

Highest Weight
    Starting Weight
    Goal Weight
    Ultimate Goal Weight
  • maidofstone
    Options
    Thanks, i guessed it was something like that, just wanted to be sure : )

Right so i've lost 1 lb this week not great, but better than i expected because i've started exercise which always makes me gain to begin with, also i think i'm near the time of the month and i can sometimes gain up to 5 lbs in water around that time, so i'm happy with that and i'm going to work extra hard next week and hope for a bigger loss.

How is everyone else doing? x
  • annieviolent
    Options
    Highest Weight: 206.8
    Starting Weight: 175
    Goal Weight: 150
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130
    7/7/12: 180 up 5 pounds from the last time I weighed myself weeks ago but I can tell it's down a lot from last week. I was PMSing and soooo bloated. I feel so much better this week.
  • mjpTennis
    Options
    WI1: 202.5
    WI2
    WI3
    WI4
    WI5
    WI6

Down 2.5 lbs, but still haven't dialed into down days. Credit it to 45 minutes of cardio a day. I will keep striving to get into the down days.
  • maidofstone
    Options
    WI2
    WI3
    WI4
    WI5
    WI6

Down 2.5 lbs, but still haven't dialed into down days. Credit it to 45 minutes of cardio a day. I will keep striving to get into the down days.

Well done! the down days do get easier but i suppose everyone is different, i feel really good on my down days and seem to have a lot of energy, but maybe thats because i used to eat so much crap and that makes you feel sluggish.

Keep on trying x
  • 4thehardman
    Options

WI1 248.0 (1.4lbs lost )
    WI2
    WI3
    WI4
    WI5
    WI6
  • 4thehardman
    Options
    WI2
    WI3
    WI4
    WI5
    WI6

Nice loss :) I will admit to a wee bit of jealousy :) x
  • mjpTennis
    Options
    WI2
    WI3
    WI4
    WI5
    WI6

Nice loss :) I will admit to a wee bit of jealousy :) x

Keep it up on your end....1.4 is a good start. Thanks everyone...going for a down day tomorrow. Bring on the fried egg whites
  • nainaa22
    nainaa22 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am quite a noob at all the abbreviations so I am hoping this is right.

Height: 5'4''
    HW:150
    SW: 136
    GW:120
    UGW:111
    WI1: 133
    WI2
    WI3
    WI4
  • mjpTennis
    Options
    WI2 : 201.5
    WI3
    WI4
    WI5
    WI6

Down another pound, getting closer to the down days but still having twice as many calories. There is still quite a difference on the intake between down days and up days. Still working new things into my diet like raw peppers for snacks. Any other good healthy fulfilling low cal snacks out there to survive the down days? Thanks.
  • maidofstone
    Options
    Down another pound this week, was expecting more to be honest, it seems to be coming off really slow this time, but i have started a lot of toning exercises so hoping its due to muscle.

would be nice to see a bigger loss next week though, so instead of moping about it, i'm going to work extra hard!

Well done everyone else, hope everyone is doing o.k x
  • mjpTennis
    Options
    Alternating Day stuff just not working for me right now. Think I am going to abandon trying to get into this alternating day pattern. Still an interesting approach, but I just can't make it fit into my lifestyle. I am exercising a lot now and am very conscious of eating healthier giving me more good days than bad. I am going to focus my energies there for a time. Good luck to everyone and I will continue to monitor and support you all through this.

Michael
  • 4thehardman
    Options

WI1 248.0 (1.4lbs lost )
    WI2 246.2
    WI3 244.0
    WI4
    WI5
    WI6
  • maidofstone
    Options
    Alternating Day stuff just not working for me right now. Think I am going to abandon trying to get into this alternating day pattern. Still an interesting approach, but I just can't make it fit into my lifestyle. I am exercising a lot now and am very conscious of eating healthier giving me more good days than bad. I am going to focus my energies there for a time. Good luck to everyone and I will continue to monitor and support you all through this.

Michael

It seems to be one of those things that works for some people and not for others, around personality and lifestyle. I am going to keep going for about 6 weeks and see what happens as its going quite slow at the minute and i'm not sure if i'd do better just doing what MFP recommends, anyway i'll keep going for now.

Good luck with everything, and let us know how you get on and it sounds like you are doing great with the exercise and everything x
  • mjpTennis
    Options
    WI2 : 201.5
    WI3: 199.7
    WI4
    WI5
    WI6

First time under 200 in like a decade. Been doing a lot of cardio for about 6 weeks, and decided to switch focus to weight trainging on 3 out of 5 workout days. Seems to have jumped me over my latest slump.
  • 4thehardman
    Options
    Yay to ONEderland! xx