Leslie Sansone July 2012 Walk Challenge

Options
princessf1
princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
It's a new month and time for a new challenge!:happy: We are walkers who use Leslie Sansone DVD's alone or with other programs. Everyone is welcome to join.:flowerforyou: Set your miles goal for the month and post your results daily, weekly or whatever works for you!

I do water aerobics 3-4x a week and really want to try to get some strength workouts into the mix this month. I came up 4.5 miles short in June:grumble: so this month I am going to shoot for 40 miles.

Received the shipping notice from collage video that my new Leslie 4M shipped on Friday! Hope it comes today, can't wait to try it! Will review for you all when I get it.

Have a great week and looking forward to walking with you!

Replies

• 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm back and ready to walk it out, last month was a hard month for me to keep on schedule and to log what I was doing...My goal this month is to stay on track and keep logging....

My goal for this month is 25 miles.
    I think the last 2 attempts I set the goal high, for me just starting out...So this month i'm going to start small and work my way up....do 3 miles at least 2x a week...If I do more that will be a plus but my goal is at least 2x a week.
  • princessf1
    Options
    I'm back and ready to walk it out, last month was a hard month for me to keep on schedule and to log what I was doing...My goal this month is to stay on track and keep logging....

My goal for this month is 25 miles.
    I think the last 2 attempts I set the goal high, for me just starting out...So this month i'm going to start small and work my way up....do 3 miles at least 2x a week...If I do more that will be a plus but my goal is at least 2x a week.

Yay! Thanks for joining me. I feel the same, maybe shooting too high. Sometimes LIFE gets in the way, right?
  • princessf1
    Options
    GOAL - 40 MILES
    7/2/12 - WATP 4Miles = 4 Down!
    Left to Go - 36 Miles
  • xtrordinari
    Options
    I will join you. I love Leslie and have her intensity walk which is 4 miles and her walk your belly flat 3 mile walk. I will shoot for at least 5 miles per week using the tapes.
  • princessf1
    Options
    I will join you. I love Leslie and have her intensity walk which is 4 miles and her walk your belly flat 3 mile walk. I will shoot for at least 5 miles per week using the tapes.

Hi! Great! Walk your belly flat is one of my favorites.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been here since last August and didn't think to look up a group for Leslie sansone. I've been using her videos since 2001. I haven't set my goals for this month but I love her videos. So far the month I've done 9 mi:) look forward to be a part of this team :)

Feel free to add me anyone if ud like

My goal is to do 4mi daily with a day off each week :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My July goal is 7 miles per day. I have her 5 mile Fat Burning DVD. I walk 2 miles every morning, then the full 5 miles at night. I might sneak an extra mile walk in there during the afternoon but not always.
  • princessf1
    Options
    Hi I've been here since last August and didn't think to look up a group for Leslie sansone. I've been using her videos since 2001. I haven't set my goals for this month but I love her videos. So far the month I've done 9 mi:) look forward to be a part of this team :)

Feel free to add me anyone if ud like

My goal is to do 4mi daily with a day off each week :)

Yay! Glad you found the group and challenge! I am a serious Leslie Addict! I admit it! Looking forward to walking with you! Thanks for the friend request!
  • princessf1
    Options
    My July goal is 7 miles per day. I have her 5 mile Fat Burning DVD. I walk 2 miles every morning, then the full 5 miles at night. I might sneak an extra mile walk in there during the afternoon but not always.

You are amazing! I have not yet ventured past 5 miles. Great work!
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    my Goal this month will be 30 miles.
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! From the UK & found Leslie Sansone on youtube last month so joined Junes challenge half way through. Didnt quite make my 30 miles last month but almost made it.

This month I want to do 30 miles this month & Im going to alternate Jillian Michaels no more trouble zones :)

First 3 miles done tonight!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm a Leslie addict and must have about 55 of her videos! And I use them all. I used to do 4-5 mi a day but dr told me to cut back for a bit :(
  • kazala
    Options
    Yeah thats a lot!! I try to have 2 rest days per week. I just found the walk & tone on youtube too :) Am going to try this one on Thursday, but I dont know how many miles to log it as.
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I had no clue there's a Leslie group! Hope I'm not too late to join your walking challenge. I am aiming for 3-5 miles 5 days per week. Just picked up another 3 of her dvds at Wal Mart the past week - perfect timing :wink: Can't wait to walk, walk, walk with you all! :laugh:
  • Scoobees
    Options
    3 miles today :drinker: (Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms dvd)
  • Scoobees
    Options
    5 miles today
    I did Leslie's Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles dvd; wow this was my favorite so far! Better music, a few new moves, etc. But with the separate warm-up, cool down, and stretch it made it 87 minutes which was a bit much...but what a workout!
  • Auy_Wil
    Auy_Wil Posts: 8
    Options
    Just joined My Fitness Pal, and have used WATP by Leslie in the past. I will definitely join the challenge! I will aim for at least 20 miles by the end of July. I will look forward to reporting in and throwing out encouragement to you guys as we walk through July!!!!
    Auy_Wil
  • romabennett
    Options
    I'm looking forward to a Leslie challenge. I haven't received my DVD yet. I live in rural Western Australia and the post is VERY slow to get here. So maybe I can't do this challenge, but look for me in the future - I'll be there.

I used Leslie years ago on video and think she provides fitness for real people of all ages. I'm 61 now and was using Leslie's programs starting way back twenty or twenty five years ago. Can't wait to start again. I've got one day to go to complete my first week with MFP and I'm on track and enjoying having the support MFP provides. Good to know you're all out there.
  • kazala
    Options
    Just updating for last week, 8 miles done = 22 to go :)
  • samfordbelle
    samfordbelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! Joining in - I have a 7 week old and ready to get back into shape! I have LS's 2M work out that I am going to use this month.

Setting my goal at 30 miles since I'm joining a bit late and this is my first month back at any kind of exercise. :)