Progress update - No Scale June was awesome!

bsinno
bsinno Posts: 344 Member
Hey all! A little update i am excited to share and hope will motivate the masses a little. no fun pictures or anything, just lots of info i dont usually share with anybody LOL

quickie: started "eating more" in May and i was all over the place with my calories, exercise level AND weight. The scale was about *this* close to sending me to a looney bin so to preserve my sanity & sunny disposition, i sent it away for the month of June. This weekend it was time to see how this month had treated me and i was pleasantly surprised after preparing myself for "the worst"

5/31 ----> 6/30

Weight 151.6 ---> 146
waist 33 1/2 ---> 32
hips 40
> 39
R Thigh 23--->23
R arm 11 1/4 ---> 11
Chest 34
> 33
Bust 39 1/6 ----> 38

thats 5.6 lbs & nearly 5 inches lost overall. I was expecting to see some inches lost, but this outcome was more than i had hoped for and im convinced that if i had been obsessively weighing myself everyday i would have missed it.

so...it can work, it IS working! i still have a while to go but i am feeling pretty good today! Thanks everyone for your help sorting things out and for all the inspiration :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bsinno
    shoot..maybe i should have posted this elsewhere LOLZ
  • ouandi
    ouandi Posts: 135 Member
    This is sooo fantastic! Congratulations! I haven't weighed myself in forever. It just ticks me off. So I'm going by measurements and body fat percentage. What cut are you doing? TDEE-15%?
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Great results!!!
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    That is wonderful progress! Congratulations. maybe I should do a no scale July! Except I did get on today, rats! Well I have a start weight to go by, off to do measurements and then no scale until August 1st!!!! I will let you know how my experiment goes! You have inspired me.
  • bsinno
    FOR ME - NO WEIGH IN WAS KEY AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT IF THE SCALE IS DRIVING YOU NUTS

i got into the habit of daily weighing and my mood for the day would revolve around that number - but it also messed with my consistency. Like if there was a loss, i'd allow myself to be a little more lax...and if there was a gain, id be upset and spend the day thinking about how this crazy em2wl thing wasnt working and i should just say goodbye to avocado forever LOL.

so for me, i could just focus on the way i was feeling and on doing the "right" things and having faith that they would work.

@ouandi - i was on 1200 a day for about 3 months before bumping it up to my BMR in early may and then my 15% cut in mid-may. the whole reset theory wasnt too prevalent then and it seemed really scary! i was prepared to jump to full TDEE if this month showed no measurable losses in any area.

IDK what ill do about the scale this month. i want to keep an eye on my progress but i also need to take power away from that beast!
  • Sid422
    Sid422 Posts: 77 Member
    Wonderful results and great progress! You have great willpower not to weigh yourself. I try and only last a few days.... Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    So inspiring! I made my boyfriend hide my scale from me last Monday as I am determined not to weigh myself until August 1st. I hope I have the same results you did! This is my second week on eat more to weigh less and I didn't want to lose motivation if I saw the scale go up but man my workouts have been amazing now that I have the energy to do them!
    Congrats to you!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Now that is a fantastic result! Just put the scale away for another month :)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    So happy for you! Fantastic progress!
  • kchris41
    kchris41 Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks for posting and congrats! I'm going to hide my scale right now.
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Loving this! Awesome results!
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Awesome job. Keep it up.
  • oneida_russet
    oneida_russet Posts: 26 Member
    That is so exciting to see those changes! Very happy for you.
  • maybe i should try hide my scales. i get really disappointed when i see no change or gain in a day to day basis. and i really hope i reach my mini goal in time. 3.9KGs in 26 days. hopefully next week when i start the gym i will boost my metabolism
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    I was obsessed with the scale - I would weigh in 2X a day, sometimes more. It was sad and ridiculous and I let it run my life. about 8 weeks ago I bumped my calories to TDEE - 15% and put the scale away. 4 weeks ago I went to full TDEE. It is so freeing to be able to EAT and not worry about the scale. I'm doing a full 8 week reset then I'll do TDEE - 15%. I am super stoked.

Oh yeah, I used to work out 6 days a week and feel horrible if I missed a work out and my workouts contained tons of cardio. Now I'm averaging 5X a week, sometimes 4 if life gets in the way and focusing on weights. And it is so liberating!

So no scale + 2500 calories a day + less exercise = happy Tina!!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    So happy for you.

i think too, throwing the scale out of the window is the best-at least for a while :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    sounds great! keep it up