Here we go!

Options

Replies

• luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I hope everyone had a safe 4th, and didn't over indulge too badly!

If your following the posted exercise sched, today is a cardio day! So go burn some calories! :laugh:

Have a great day!
  • cleverette
    Options
    Good Morning! Happy July 5th. I am Cassandra. I am appreciative of an exercise schedule because I have problems figuring out what to do. I have tried Weight Watchers more time than I can count. I lose a few pounds and look at the goal they set for me and get diacouraged. My hope is that since I am setting my own goal and a group to talk about real issues rather than a specified topic I will have more sucess. I am walking daily back and forth to the bus stop. Weather permitting (80 degreees or below) I walk 15 Atlanta blocks once per day five days per week. Thanks for letting me join the group:)
  • LizFo
    LizFo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did my Thursday cardio this morning.

Have a great day everyone & keep cool! :flowerforyou:
  • sportiemom
    sportiemom Posts: 14
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

I switched my workout from yesterday to today's because I ended up hiking for 2 hours at a nearby trail where we were picnicing yesterday for Fourth of July! So this will be my cardio. We ended up doing a 2 hour hike over 3 mountains. Didn't realized we walked so far from our picnic area! It was so nice because it was overcast the whole day! I can't imagine doing this on a hot day!! I burned over 800 calories! Yay!! Surprisingly, I ate much better yesterday, except for the chips and salsa and sugar cookies I snacked on the side but I limited myself! I drank more than usual! So I think I'm getting back to the swing of things! Hopefully I keep up with my eating habits!

Completed my arms exercise this morning and if I have time, I will do something else for cardio!

Hope everyone has a wonderful 5th!
  • alisha8605
    Options
    Hello :)
    My name is Alisha, I have two children, Jada who is 6 and Jacob who is 5. I started MFP a while ago and have kept at it. I was doing it solo and wasnt really getting anywhere I thought I would join groups and add friends to help encourage me. so if you need a friend add me:) you can find out why I am here on my profile, my short term goal is to eat healthy and to continue to eat healthy, a long term goal i have is to loose my "baby weight" from my son, when I got pregnant with him I was about 115 and I am now currently and have been for the past 5 years at 144 ( its like the baby came out and i am still carrying the weight of a baby around) i cant loose or apparently gain weight i am determined to get to or close to my pre baby weight, after a lot of disarrangement and years of being fat I AM READY AND DETERMINED! lets do this! :))
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!

My cardio for today is a 3.5 mph walk and I am doing that while I talk on the phone with my 80 year old mother. Not a dazzling workout but it is about the best I can manage today. At least that is better than sitting on the couch talking.
    I'm coming in under my calories today. No more burned cookies tonight. Kinda went a little crazy yesterday, in more ways than one.
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Thursday check in -

Sad to say, I hit a wall today, and didn't get my cardio/miles in! :sad:

My belly feels all bloaty...since lunch time. I kept hoping I'd feel better, but it's a no go. Well, I will be making it up by Saturday!

:flowerforyou: A quick question - when I put up exercises, do you prefer full body, or specific areas?

Have a great Friday!
  • sportiemom
    Options

A quick question - when I put up exercises, do you prefer full body, or specific areas?

Hey Jackie!! I like anything that targets my belly, butt and thighs so I guess that would be practically full body! Lol! But I don't mind the specific areas. I must be really out of shape because when I did the full body on Monday it seems so easy but it hit me the next day and I was so sore all over! But it was a good feeling and I didn't let that stop me from doing cardio the next two days, even though I was aching everywhere! Thanks for getting me back on here!!
  • seeinglean
    seeinglean Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of having "phone free" evenings - no phone until I do my daily workout. Does anyone else use a strategy to get the evening workout done? of course it is 5 am right now so I could just go take an early morning walk. I seem to wake up earlier and earlier these days.
  • seeinglean
    Options
    Did 10 minutes - mostly abs and also some jumping jacks.
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Jackie,
    There isn't a part of my body that can't use a workout, so any way that you want to give them to us suits me just fine.
  • Mamafred
    Options
    I am thinking of having "phone free" evenings - no phone until I do my daily workout. Does anyone else use a strategy to get the evening workout done? of course it is 5 am right now so I could just go take an early morning walk. I seem to wake up earlier and earlier these days.

Usually I feel so guilty if I don't workout, that alone is an incentive. As for the phone, I call my mom every night to check on her and we talk anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes. :ohwell: If I have done a workout earlier, I sit and talk to her. If not, I walk at 3.5 to 4 mph and talk. She has grown accustomed to me panting like a lizard in the phone and just laughs about it. Every once in a while she will ask me if I think I may be overdoing it a bit. :laugh:
  • sportiemom
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Completed abs workout this morning!

Will be taking the kids to beach late this afternoon so will do a long stroll along the water. Staying there until midnight to do bon-fire and grunion run so I may not be back on here until tomorrow morning!

Have a great day!
  • seeinglean
    Options
    That is wonderful!

Usually I feel so guilty if I don't workout, that alone is an incentive. As for the phone, I call my mom every night to check on her and we talk anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes. :ohwell: If I have done a workout earlier, I sit and talk to her. If not, I walk at 3.5 to 4 mph and talk. She has grown accustomed to me panting like a lizard in the phone and just laughs about it. Every once in a while she will ask me if I think I may be overdoing it a bit. :laugh:
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Here's my Friday check in -

Since I didn't do my cardio yesterday, I did it today...I will do my strength tomorrow, and hopefully some cardio too! :tongue:

I just walked on the treadmill - it's still really hot here. So 2.1 miles in 40 minutes.

Have a great Saturday!
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Good morning,

I did my Friday ab workout this morning and the cardio that was supposed to be today, I did yesterday. My grandson who is 4,is visiting so I'm sure I will get plenty of cardio today, just not of the structured variety.:happy:
    I get to babysit my 6 week old granddaughter this evening for the first time. Her parents have decided to enjoy their first night out since she was born. Of course they are going to call a dozen times just to make sure I haven't misplaced her or stood her on her head somewhere. :laugh: New parents...I remember what that was like.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    (Borrowed from FB)

:flowerforyou: PATIENCE Lets be realistic here. You won't drop 2 jean sizes in one day. You won't lose 50 pounds in one month. You're going to binge every now and then. You will go a day or two without working out. Your weight is going to fluctuate here and there. You are going to try new techniques, and they are not going to work. You are a human being. You're going to fail. But nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obsticles. JUST KEEP GOING! :flowerforyou:
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I do this, too, but only with certainly people in my life who understand (my sister is one). I'm so grateful to them for letting me multitask by walking and talking on the phone at the same time, even if I do get a little out of breath like Cheryl said. Plus, the time goes more quickly if I am talking to someone else. You should give it a try, Rebecca! Even if you only walk 2.5 mph while on the phone or 3 mph...that's more than sitting on the couch! :)
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So, I mentioned before that I'm focusing more on cardio and on riding than on other workouts. I'm playing softball 2-3 nights per week, trying to walk during lunch at work, and then riding my bike as much as possible - whether for errands or for pleasure. Today, I rode 9 miles to get to a two-hour softball practice, which turned out to be three plus hours, so the 9 mile bike ride back home was a little tiring.

Interestingly, my scale says that I've already reached my goal weight for the month (205), but I'm hesitant to log it just yet. I think that it came off so quickly over the past two weeks that it must be water weight from all the sweating and hot weather. I'm going to hold off a week or two and see if it stays down.

July 2011 Goals
    SW: 211
    GW: 205
    CW: 211 (technically, my scale says 205 today)
    BIKE: 75 of 250 miles
  • sportiemom
    Options
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday!

Did my workout at midnight when I went to the beach for a grunion run! It was so much fun! I walked for 2 hours up and down the beach on the water catching these little fishes coming up on the shore! Came home late and started our day later. We just got back from having dinner and now resting!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!