Curious about something

Last Tuesday I started trying to up my calories to do this eat more weigh less. I had been going back and forth between 163 and 164 for about a week when I started this. Now the past 2-3 days I am at 164.8 every day. I thought this was very weird to be exactly the same everyday. I am going to go up to 1700 calories a day now from 1600. Next week I'll go up another 100 till I get to my 1990 daily. I am also doing a system called supreme 90 day workout. they are 30 minute long toning exercises, on some days its more cardio.
Any thoughts on why it would stay exactly the same?

Replies

• divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    I can't answer that but I can say, don't weigh yourself everyday, you will drive yourself crazy!!! I used to do it too. If the scale was up I would beat myself up, if it was down, celebration time! It is just a number. Don't let a number rule your life.

Instead focus on how you are feeling. How does it feel to be eating that little bit extra each week? I noticed within a couple of weeks that my attitude towards eating was changing. I was not feeling pressure about what to eat, how much, how was this going to affect my weight on the scale, was I going to gain and on and on. Partly because I stopped hopping on the scale so often and partly because it felt right to be eating good healthy foods in good healthy portions. I was finally giving myself permission to eat. I don't think that had been happening for a very long time.

Again give up the daily scale visit. In fact, I would try for once a week minimum, best to stay away longer if you can. Take your measurements. Eat your foods. Start a good strength training program. Enjoy your new lifestyle! You will be rewarded. When you need some reassurance, come here and read the sticky pin notes, check out the web site and the FB page too. Lots of great advice in all these resources, and the videos are really helpful too. Cheers!