Chicken Anyone?

Options
Reesecup312
Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
Thought it would be nice to share some chicken recipes. I tried this one last night and it was great! You can change the cheese to your liking because the pepperjack is spicy! I also used thin sliced breasts and put the filling in between two slices per serving and it worked great!

Cajun Chicken Stuffed with Pepper Jack and Spinach

1 lb boneless chicken breasts

4 oz shredded pepper Jack cheese (or whatever you prefer)

1 c frozen spinach (can use fresh) with water squeezed out of it

2 Tablespoons oilive oil

2 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning (I used soul food seasoning)

1 teaspoon breadcrumbs

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Flatten chicken to a 1/4" thickness.

In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.

In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and cajun seasoning.

Spoon about 1/4 of the spinach mixture on each chicken breast. Roll each breast up tightly and fasten with toothpicks.

Brush each breast with a tiny bit of olive oil. Sprinkle the seasoning over breasts. Sprinkle any remaining spinach/cheese mixture over breasts.

Bake 35-40 min.

Replies

• Reesecup312
    Options
    How about posting some of your favorite chicken recipes!! I can always use more!:smile:
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good!! I´ll have to try that one...

I make chicken breasts - cut a pocket, fill with some light cream cheese with spices (we get pikant or garlic but I don´t know what everyone can buy!) Then wrap a slice of turkey bacon or serrano ham around and bake it in the oven as you usually would (depends on the size).

I also make a chicken stir fry with curry, spring onions, red peppers, and sliced peaches. Sounds weird, but you fry the chicken with the curry, add the onions & peppers and then you can make a light sauce with a spoon of tomato paste and some coconut milk. The peaches go in right at the end. You can serve it with rice or just alone.

Bring on the chicken!!
  • Reesecup312
    Options
    That sounds wonderful too!! I am surprised not many people responded!! Thanks for your recipes though!! :smile:
  • hurricanehodz
    Options
    Nice simple., and clean!...garlic powder and cumin . rub it in with little olive oil and wrap in tin foil. put it in oven.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    To hot to cook. LOL! I like to season up some thawed chicken with chipolte seasoning (but anything you have/like would work) throw it in the crock pot for the day (6-8 hours). I always add fresh garlic and onion too. We use it for sandwiches, salads, tacos, etc.Then pair it with a salad and supper is served! Sorry, I like it easy and simple.
    It also freezes well, so I can cook big and use for multiple meals.
  • switges
    switges Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hello, I am shanna and I am new to the group.
    Easy chicken: I like to make the good seasons Italian dressing with 1/4 the olive oil called for and extra water and vinegar instead. Use this to marinate chix breast in all day and grill when get home or put dressing ad breast in crock pot all day and shred, serve over brown rice, wraps or on buns.

also chick cut up and stir fried with mushrooms and brocoli than add a little soy, serve over rice or add light jarred alfredo and over whole wheat noodles.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I do like a quick stir fry too! :smile: