Nervous about starting a cut: It's all in my head

wa_tracy
wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
I'm starting my first cut today. I reset for 3 weeks. (I decided on this time because at no point did I ever hit a plateau before I began EM2WL...I just found all of you and read and read and love this philosophy.) But I have to say I'm nervous. Eating at TDEE was 2125 for me with 1-3 hours of activity factored in. I'm doing a 15% cut, but upping my activity from 1-3 hours to 3-5 hours. I'm a working teacher mom and with the summer off now, I know I have time to be more active. Plus when I was set to 1-3 hours, I did lose a pound during the three weeks. So now, with a 15% cut and upping to 3-5 hours, I can have 2037 calories so I'll only be decreasing by 88 calories since I"m upping my activity. My overall goal is to get 4-4.5 hours a week of working out, including strength training. Writing this out makes me feel like I'm on the right path, but part of me is worried...nervous...hoping that I've done enough to allow myself this type of cut and begin to really lose again.

I guess I just need some affirmations that I'm on the right track...I mean don't we all :wink: Here I go!

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    sounds like a plan...good luck!!!!!

i think if you were still loosing on your "reset" though, that you may have underestimate your activity level to start with and you were working with a cut already....
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    I getting ready to do the same thing, math part makes me nervous too. I've been at it 5 wks. I'd like to try it & see what happens.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    It sounds like you're on the right track :)