Weight Loss Surgery - Daily Conversation 2012

Options
2»

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,353 Member
    Options
    Wow, great stories from everyone! I had a sleeve done in December and had some complications, but I'm on the right track now and getting healthy. I just saw my doctor because I was discouraged at not having lost weight in the last month. He told me that i could not lower my calories ( I"m at 1100) but I could increase the intensity of my exercise. I have bad arthritis in my knees and although it has gotten better since my weight loss,w alking is still hard. I just bought a bike, and some videos for yoga, pliates, and a ball and weights. He said divesifying your routine so you are not doing the same thing all the time and increasing the intensity is the only answer. So here goes! I will keep you posted as to my progress. Glad we have each other!
    You can do it!!
  • yesiam07
    Options
    Hi my name is Betty I'm 22. I just had the gastric sleeve done on 08/14/12. i am having a problem with fluid intake i have been in the hospital 3 times already for dehydration but my stomach feels full if i i drink too much. I also just got out from a pancreatitis. I have been regretting having this surgery done but after reading the post i feel a lot better about my decision. Thank you everyone for sharing.
  • HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Betty, I'm sorry to hear about your complications. I hope you are feeling better now. It is very hard to get in the fluids, especially in the beginning. I was told to sip sip sip and it does help. Please follow your surgeons instructions.
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so inspiring. I am 3 months out and happy with my progress.

Betty, I also do sip all day long. It is so much better to get your fluids from sipping rather from IV's. :)

Good luck to everyone and Keep up the good work.
  • anghigdon
    anghigdon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone,

Well after almost 7 years of indecisiveness, I am finally going to have Gastric Bypass! I am going through Kaiser in Northern CA and had to lose a certain amount of weight before they'd schedule. Went for a weight check and I"m only 1 lb from that goal so the Case Manager scheduled some of my required pre-op appts. I'm hoping because alot of people don't tend to want to have surgery around the holidays that I can slide in within the next few weeks! I can hardly wait to come out on the other side.

Any suggestions on what to do to best prepare myself? Is there anyone else on the boards that went through Kaiser Richmond?

Thanks!

Angela
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    HI Everyone,

Well after almost 7 years of indecisiveness, I am finally going to have Gastric Bypass! I am going through Kaiser in Northern CA and had to lose a certain amount of weight before they'd schedule. Went for a weight check and I"m only 1 lb from that goal so the Case Manager scheduled some of my required pre-op appts. I'm hoping because alot of people don't tend to want to have surgery around the holidays that I can slide in within the next few weeks! I can hardly wait to come out on the other side.

Any suggestions on what to do to best prepare myself? Is there anyone else on the boards that went through Kaiser Richmond?

Thanks!

Angela
    Congrats Angela!!! I recommend you attend as many support meetings as you can. I imagine you have already did this since you have been debating on this matter 7 years. I am sure you will be very happy with your decision. Good luck to you!
  • dsagel
    dsagel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am new .... 6 month pre-surgery program for an RNY or sleeve (my choice when the time comes). Glad to see there are good stories to read here!

Debbie
  • MISSCOOPER9
    Options
    Hi Angela, it took me a while to decide also. Had my surg ruen Y done Oct 2012, doing good. Starting detoxing your liver, i 'm sure your doctor will tell you that, however I googled foods that detox liver and started way before my doctor told me to. After my surgery he told me my liver looked beautiful. LOL
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had my Gastric Bypass Surgery on Wednesday and am now home recuperating. Everything seems to be going well, a little discomfort in moving around but I am sleeping well.
  • diazwoman
    diazwoman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, I had the gastric sleeve on 12/5 and am excited to start this new journey. Happy to see a community for those of us having had or considering WLS. Anyone feel free to friend me!
  • DebbysJourney
    DebbysJourney Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the recent sleevers!! I'm still a WLS person in waiting. Not sure which surgery I will have, hoping for the sleeve, but insurance at this time is not cooperating. My husband had the sleeve on 10-19-12, but he also had a larger hernia repair done at the same time, so his surgery was open. He's having a rough time with the nausea. He's lost a total of 70 pounds including the pre-op loss. Looking forward to reading about all of the success stories!!

Debbie
  • HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulation's Angela for the big leap, you won't regret it!! Keep us posted please.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Here is the link for 2013 Daily conversations and support:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833007-weight-loss-surgery-daily-conversation-2013
This discussion has been closed.