Stage 2: Pulled Muscle - What would you do?

Options
Val_from_OH
Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
I pulled some muscle in my back - I'm not sure which one it is , but somewhere in the area of the latissimus dorsi. I overworked it doing the Cuban Snatch last week, and the next day I went to pick up a pile of laundry and felt it go. I have been resting it for over a week now, and am still in pain. I really want to get back to working out, and I feel like this could be a few more weeks in healing. When would you start lifting again? I haven't been to see a doctor, b/c they can't do anything without imaging, and I know this will eventually heal on its own, so no sense in exposing myself to the radiation.

Replies

• Val_from_OH
    Options
    Anyone?
  • TheGsMama
    TheGsMama Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would see my chiropractor and a massage therapist and also just keep keeping on and baby it if I needed too.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    a year ago I twinged a muscle in my lower back kettlebell swinging, was probably doing it all wrong, lol didn't think much of it, played soccer 3 days later and tore the muscle, immense pain had to be stretcherd off and taken to hospital cos they didn't know what was damaged, that then took 3-4 months to get better :(

moral of the story get it checked if its hurting you doing normal everyday things and give it plenty of time to heal before getting stuck back in :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I would wait until it's completely healed. Focus on cardio for now.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing in the middle of Stage 1 when I was deadlifting. I took two weeks off from lifting, iced and rested, did cardio instead, and went to see my chiropractor.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Back pain is nasty. Take it easy until it's completely better. Especially don't do yoga! You can hurt it even worse there.

Maybe lots of walking, that is if you can stand up without pain.
  • Val_from_OH
    Options
    Thanks all! Guess I will rest it a little longer. Also, I should have been more specific. The muscle is in my back, but it is not causing back pain, per se. It hurts when I move my arm :-( I haven't iced it b/c I can't reach to that spot with my other arm... lame, right?