Weekly Challenge: July 2 - 8

Options
Last Week's Challenge

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- *NEW* "Variety is the Spice of Life" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC June) This month's challenge is to add new exercises to your repertoire. Is there something you have always wanted to try? Rock climbing, Zumba, Cycling, Yoga, Boxing? Maybe you finally want to tackle that rowing machine? Each week if you try one new activity you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list. (Note: You can also claim any activity you haven't done in over a year for this challenge.)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

Results

Fitness Elites:
Carrie ✓
★ Paul ✓
Sara Grace
★Toni

Fitness Buffs:
Sonya
★Debbie
Ellie

Fitness Enthusiasts :
★ Jill ✓

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- *NEW* "You Are What You Eat" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC July) This month's challenge is to try and identify the most important nutritional challenge you face. Are you good all day but then can't stop snacking at night? Is lack of planning interfering with your diet? Are you planning too strictly and then finding yourself melting down on Saturdays? This week you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list if you select a nutritional goal and meet it! Take long hard look at food journals and set a goal that makes you healthier and happier.

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 300 days
    Ellie - 165 days
    Debbie - 140 days
    Carrie - 120 days
    Paul - 100 days
    Jill - 70 days
    TheMoody13 - 15 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Erm far be it from me to complain but i logged in over 600 minutes last week.
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    You are too fast for me! I am still editing. I just moved everyone's names down to the bottom while I was looking at the numbers. Fixed already. :-)
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    You are too fast for me! I am still editing. I just moved everyone's names down to the bottom while I was looking at the numbers. Fixed already. :-)

Ah ok, sorry Sara. Thanks as always for sorting out the weekly challenge, It really helps with my focus :smile:
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    lol, I feel like a slacker! gotta get crackin!
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sorry - should have mentioned this earlier - It's Toni. Nice to meet you all!
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    I am going to go for the big daddy this week. Personal goal to burn 3500 calories. New rotating goal is to eat less ice cream cones this week. No more daily waffle cones!!!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Buff again for me this week, which will be a stretch being on vacation and trying to potty train my son, yikes!
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know it's late but I'd like to join as beginner
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Options
    I'm going to shoot for elite - and my personal goal is to try something new.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Thought maybe with my 10K I'd make it to elite this week, but I AM on vacation, so probably not. My goal is to continue logging although I am definitely eating like I'm on vacation! :tongue:
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Got 265 minutes of exercise in. Logged in 305 days. Rode my new bike! First time riding on the road in many years. Loved it.
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 720 minutes for 6000 calories burnt at an average of 8.3 calories/minute
    Personal Goal: Yes to break 600 minutes of exercise and 8 calories/minute
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): Yes, get some training in for 3 peaks. Finally took out my new bike and pulled off the Crazy 88 spin around Fewston and Swinsty Reservoirs. The time was 1 hour and 27 minutes which I'll try and beat in the coming weeks. can't imagine that though as i felt i was flying. Felt great and I even managed to wear lycra in public!
    Days logged in: 115
    Water: Yes

I'll be keeping my goals for next week so that's 600 minutes + and a calorie burn of over 8 calories/minute. As for the variety I'll look to get a hike in at one point this week. The weather might just be kind enough. We'll just have to see :-).
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Only goal I made was something new - I started running two weeks ago and kept going this week. I logged 95 minutes of exercise so didn't make 100, but I'm happy with my progress to date. And I also didn't manage to do the strength training.

Sounds like I didn't have a good week but I did though!
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Options
    I only hit buff with 322 minutes - not my goal of elite. But I did try something new - I've added a kettlebell into my days :smile:
  • coreyisaacs
    Options
    I logged 433 minutes last week and will be aiming for the same goals for the next week. I had to put in some extra work due to the 4th and having a nice bbq that day.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I fell short this week, what with company and hurting my knee slipping on my son's matchbox car :grumble:

Minutes: 184 (enthusiast)
    days: 145
    personal goal : don't think I had one lol
    RMC: nope
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    I only logged 180 minutes of exercise this week...
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    This week I only managed 120 minutes of exercise because of my knee. The good news is my knee is feeling a lot better after giving it some rest!

I will try get some more gym time in this week.

Sara Grace