Exercise

Options
I need help on exercise suggestions. I walk to and from the Marta station twice daily. Does anybody have any suggestions on how much walking I should do per week?

Replies

• Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi. I don't think it is about doing "x" amount of miles, but rather making sure you burn more than you eat. It never hurts to challenge yourself. If you are comfortable walking a half mile, try to walk three quarters of a mile. Good luck!
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think keeping a time limit is good, too. Try aiming for 30 minutes minimum. However, this depends on your current fitness level.
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Alrighty ladies! Here we go! New week, and a new month! I haven't seen the "Life's" challenges yet, but I did get in a walk today.

I am going to keep track of my miles here too! My goal for the month is 50 miles for the month of September...around 12.5 a week. Yesterday I walked 2 and today I walked 2.5. yay me!!

4.5/50 :flowerforyou:
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Monday check in - it was way crazier than I thought it would be today! I was hoping to get my workout in in between the bday breakfast and the fam BBQ...but I forgot about my hair appt! :grumble:

So today is/will be my rest day for the week. I still want to get the crunches in though...maybe on a day where I have a little more time (As if! Lol!)

Have a great day tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Monday was pretty much a blow-out for me as well. I was over on calories, under on water, no cardio and I totally forgot about the crunches which I could have easily done. I vow to do much better today. Back to work, back on track.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    my goal for the month is to do Jullian Michaels 30 day shred, me and 2 of my daughters are starting it tomorrow. Now that it is out there I am accountable to do it. I have had it for quite sometime and for some reason just keep putting off starting it, so tomorrow is the day. I did my stationary bike this morning for 60 mins and I will go for a walk this evening after dinner
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hello ladies!!

Tuesday check in - very happy to say that I completed my exercises today!! :drinker:

If you didn't know, I am hearing impaired, and wear hearing aids...well of course on Friday night, one broke!! And I had to wait until today to have it checked out. So straight from work to there, then back home to feed the kiddies, hubby ran off w/the twins, while I fetched my some from football, squeezed in the exercises before the twins came home from soccer, and it's been bath and homework since!! WHEW!!

I was hoping to get in some walking, but I am pooped! But I'm off tomorrow, so maybe I will be able to get some exercise in while the kiddies are at school!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!:flowerforyou:
  • themommie
    Options
    I DID IT, I did day 1 of the 30 day shred, only 29 more to go, it was tough but easier then i expected from all i have heard and the results I have seen. I CAN DO IT< I CAN DO IT...LOL:smile:
  • Mamafred
    Options
    I got the intervals in today and it was very gratifying. Didn't get the push-ups done though.

Sheri, I have the 30 Day Shred too but I have only done level 1 four times. It is tough!

Jackie, yesterday was three days rolled into one for you.:laugh: Good thing your hubby is willing to pitch in.

Have a good night's rest.
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Ingot my walking in this morning...and that's it! Got hit with a major allergy attack that has knocked me off my rear! I was hoping to do the intervals w/ hubby. Maybe I will do them tomorrow for my cardio :happy:

Drugs are kickin in so good nite all!
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Well I had quite the strength workout tonight. I hadn't done any of the strength workouts all week so I did all of them tonight. I even had to add a few to make to 30 minutes we were assigned. Probably won't be able to get out of bed in the morning but I'll get over it. Always do.:tongue:
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just stopping by to say hello! I'm still sick, so no exercises since Wed...

I'll check in again soon.

Take care!
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Hi
    I did cardio at the gym today but did not get the challenge exercises in. My daughter, son-in-law and grandson are coming in early tomorrow. We are having a family cookout tomorrow evening at my aunt's home. There will be food galore. Look out calories!
  • themommie
    Options
    i did it day 4 of the 30 day shred, I started on weds and have done it every day since. Every day it is like UGGggggg but after I do it I feel so much better so I plan on keeping at it
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am feeling much better, and I'm ready to get back to exercising! I'll probably just start w/walking to see how it goes!

I gained a little while I was sick (who does that?), but I'm gonna get working on that too!

I think most of us are following Donna's 'Life Journey', but I'm not sure. Would you like me to post her daily challenges here too? Just let me know!

Have a great day!
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Jackie, glad you are feeling better!!!:drinker:

I got on Donna's blog and printed out the challenges for the week. Are we supposed to get into the original email that she sent and update our weight on the google doc every Monday?
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    @Cheryl - How was the family visit? Are we gonna see new logging numbers again?

She usually sends out a email reminder about checking in with your weight, with a link to the spreadsheet at the bottom. If not, then yes, use your first one to get back to the spreadsheet.
  • themommie
    Options
    Yes if you could post the daily challenge here that would help alot and a link to the spreadsheet. thanks....
    I have done the 30 day shred for 6 days in a row....yeah and also did my stationary bike for 45 mins this morning
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Those of us who were well had a great time at our little get-together. My mom was feeling puny and was afraid to go. One cousin had an ear infection and another's sugar went out the roof when she was getting ready, so they both had to cancel. This was at my aunt's house (mom's sister). She got up that morning with pain in her upper torso and just before everyone arrived, she started to feel sick at her stomach. She stayed away because she didn't want to see or smell the food and also because she was afraid she had a virus and didn't want to make any of us sick. She got very bad, very quickly and her son and daughter took her to the ER. They admitted her with pancreatitus. It is very serious and we are all worried to pieces. Mom is 80 yrs old and Aunt Maxine will be 79 in November. The get-together was her idea and she had been looking forward to it for months. She is so very dear to us all.
    (Sorry, I don't mean to be so down)
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Here’s the link to the Challenge group if you aren’t already in it:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/6733-life-s-new-journey-challenge-group

Not sure if she adds in the middle of the month, but if not, I can keep posting these for you

Monday Mini Challenge:
    Food: Stay within your calorie limit and have a no sugar day.
    Cardio: Do 125 jumping jacks. See how many you can do without stopping for the first set and then spread out the rest throughout the day.
    Strength: Do 150 crunches (3 different kinds). Again see how many you can do in the first set and then spread out the rest throughtout the day.
    Water: drink at least 64 ozs today.

Tuesday Mini Challenge.
    Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure you eat at least 3 vegetables and 2 fruits.
    Cardio: Do 30 minutes brisk walk.
    Strength: do 150 squats. The trick today is to see how many you can do in the first set and then spread the remainder throughout the day.
    Water: drink at least 64 ozs today.

Wednesday Mini Challenge:
    Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure you are eating enough protein to help repair the muscles damaged from exercise.
    Cardio: Do an interval workout. 5 minute warm-up, 1 minute jog, 2 minute walk, X6, 5 minute cool-down
    Strength: do 100 push-ups and again try to see how many you cab do in the first set and then spread the remainder throughout the day.
    Water: drink at least 64 ozs today

Thursday Mini Challenge
    Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure you are including lots of fibre in your diet. This will help you feel fuller and keep everything regular.
    Cardio: Do 30 minutes brisk walk
    Strength: do 10 sets of 10 side lunges with front arm raise.
    Water: drink at least 64 ozs today

Friday Mini Challenge:
    Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure to keep your sodium intake below 2500. Try to avoid pre-packaged or prepared food.
    Cardio/Strength: Do 30 minutes of aerobic activity. Try some knee lifts, butt kicks, jumping jacks, jogging, grapevines with some squats, arm raises, crunches, etc. Just keep moving.
    Water: drink at least 64 ozs

Saturday Mini Challenge
    Food: stay within your calorie limit and make good snack choices
    Cardio: 30 minute brisk walk
    Strength: do some extra crunches, squats, pushups, or arm exercise on the part that needs more.
    Water: drink at least 64 ozs