Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
How did you do meeting your June goals?

Replies

• shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The only goal I've met from last month is to start training for my 5 mile race in Aug.

For July I'm going to keep it simple:
    1. Keep following the training program
    2. get below 140 lbs. I've played with the same lb all month.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My goal for July is to get back on track. Most of June I was lazy!

1. I want to pull myself out of the bed and get in 30 mins of cardio before work 3-4 days a week.

2. Stay on track with this strength training program I have started.

3. Continue with boot camp.

4. Drop 6-8 lbs
  • Dedee36
    Dedee36 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My goal for July is to get under 195 or less.... I have not been there for 4 years.

To be able to fit into 3 pairs if shorts that are sitting in my closet without the HUGE hangeover.
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I want to just keep on logging my food and stick to my exercise plan. I really love the calorie counting on MFP - I've always wondered where I am with what I eat and now I know - thanks again Debbie!

So, my goals for the month of July:

1. Lose 1kg per week using the food tracking on MFP - down a total of 5kg by the end of July (it's about 11lbs), and I'm down 1.1kg already, so 4 more to go.
    2. Stick to the 12 week running programme for the month
    3. Do strength training 2x per week

I don't want to be over-ambitious because then I'll just stop at the first signs of failure.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I lost weight, and am getting fairly close to my "goal" (I don't really know what my goal is), but I did a bod-pod session and discovered my body fat is way higher than I would have thought (or that the height/weight calculations would indicate, for those of you using those)....so my goal for July is to stop focusing on weight LOSS, try to maintain where I am cardio-wise, and incorporate more strength training to trade that fat for muscle. All without letting my pants get tight. :)
    Not really sure how to proceed other than eating protein and doing resistance training ... Tips & tricks would be appreciated!
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Brandy grab the book New Rules of Lifting for Women...I have it, yet to start it but I think that will help you out.

My goal for July is to break this plateau I have been at for like 4 weeks!!!!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'll look that book up, thanks! :) 4-week plateau -- frustrating!!! Kick its butt.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Well i managed 3 out of 5 of my May goals so I'm going to carry the two over.

- Take part in a race of some sort.
    - Start swimming again on a regular basis.

Now for new goals in June

- Do the "Crazy 88" cycle ride around the reservoirs once a week.
    - Do 3 sessions of strength training at the gym per week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
    - Start running on a weekly basis.

Well it would seem that I managed 1 of my 5 goals for June. That's not so good but at the same time my priorities have changed. My training for the 3 peaks has taken precedent when it comes to my weekly non gym cv session. I will try to cycle round the lakes more often as i really enjoy it. But I need to put in longer walking sessions to get my body used to it. So the first goal will be a weekly walking based 3 hour plus endurance session. As part of that one of the sessions should be climbing one of the three peaks pen-y-ghent.
    My strength training is going well so one of my goals for July will be to up the weights and put more effort in the gym. I need to make sure my calorie intake remains around the 2500 mark every day so that will be a priority. I need to keep those numbers up while avoiding the junk food and hi fat processed products that were my downfall before. So to clarify.

1) weekly endurance (3 hours plus) walk in training for 3 peaks.
    2) increased efforts in the gym. 3 sets instead of two at higher weights.
    3) keeping my calorie intake up while keeping my daily fat intake less that half my limit.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Alright, I was awful at my June goals. So July goals are to lose 5 lbs and stick with my lifting program. Once again I'm going to try and keep it simple!

Brandy, I'm doing new rules of lifting, I think a couple of us in here actually are. I've found it to be a really good beginners program as someone who had no prior weightlifting experience.
  • Misterbigg37
    Misterbigg37 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 lbs away from my first goal weight of 275 (from 340)...But in the back of my mind I'm gunning for 250. I'm still logging and watching what I eat and also exercising. My workouts are alternating from a gym workout ot a bike ride or even a stroll with my wife...whatever keeps me doing it and interested. Sodium seems to be high, so I'll continue to work on that. Let's just keep things rolling. Thanks for all the suppoert and inspiration yall. Shorty...you can do it. In time the scale will move. Jeah!!!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    June goals were:

1. Swim class
    2. Begin 13 wk sprint traithlon training
    3. Join gym
    4. Lose a couple pounds would be nice.

Check on all the above! I think I actually lost about 4 pounds this month! :)

For July:
    1. Do open water swim in the ocean
    2. Get out and ride my bike on the road for at least 10 miles
    3. Be able to actually swim laps without stopping, at least 2 laps.
    4. Again, losing a few pounds while keeping my muscle would be great.
  • coreyisaacs
    Options
    Goals for July:

1. Get under 180 lbs. So, so close. I've been toying with that goal for about four months now. Joined MFP about two weeks ago, and it's really helping with my calories.
    2. Get in 3 strength training routines each week.
    3. Get in 3 cardio sessions each week.
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well I made the 12 week training plan goal for the week! And I do think my mood is improving due to the exercise already. Although it might be our upcoming holiday ;-)
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Well it would seem that I managed 1 of my 5 goals for June. That's not so good but at the same time my priorities have changed. My training for the 3 peaks has taken precedent when it comes to my weekly non gym cv session. I will try to cycle round the lakes more often as i really enjoy it. But I need to put in longer walking sessions to get my body used to it. So the first goal will be a weekly walking based 3 hour plus endurance session. As part of that one of the sessions should be climbing one of the three peaks pen-y-ghent.
    My strength training is going well so one of my goals for July will be to up the weights and put more effort in the gym. I need to make sure my calorie intake remains around the 2500 mark every day so that will be a priority. I need to keep those numbers up while avoiding the junk food and hi fat processed products that were my downfall before. So to clarify.

3) keeping my calorie intake up while keeping my daily fat intake less that half my limit.

I wish to add something to my July goals. To make much more effort to get more sleep. Right now I get maybe 5 or 6 hours a night if I'm lucky. I want to push that up to 8 hours if it's possible. My job as with pretty much every aspect of my life gets in the way. But I need to make more of an effort. If that means going to work to do the night shift earlier than so be it.. This is my health I'm talking about. I need to take better care of myself!
  • lilpe5512
    Options

1. I want to pull myself out of the bed and get in 30 mins of cardio before work 3-4 days a week.

4. Drop 6-8 lbs

WEEK 1- I managed to do cardio 2 daysbefore work. I sdid strength training program everyday.
    WEEK 2-- HOPE FOR THE BEST!
  • lilpe5512
    Options

4. Drop 6-8 lbs

Week 2:
    I managed to drag out the bed 3 days for workout b4 work!
    Missed 1 day of strength training routine last week. Not to bad.
    Boot camp starts today!
    Dropped 2.2 lbs so far. Got to pick up the pace only 2 weeks left!:grumble:
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Headed to Sonoma for some wine tasting followed by fun in San Fran on the 27th... So, my July goals are

1. Consistently log in, everyday

2. Cardio exercise at least 3 times a week

3. Start some kind of strength training

4. Lose 5 pounds

5. Not blow it on my Sonoma trip, but instead hopefully walk a bunch and savor my wine and food instead of using the trip as an excuse to eat a bunch of crap!
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

I wish to add something to my July goals. To make much more effort to get more sleep. Right now I get maybe 5 or 6 hours a night if I'm lucky. I want to push that up to 8 hours if it's possible. My job as with pretty much every aspect of my life gets in the way. But I need to make more of an effort. If that means going to work to do the night shift earlier than so be it.. This is my health I'm talking about. I need to take better care of myself!
    Ditto about the sleep... Same issue here!