Low Carb Cole Slaw

Options
Hi Keto-ers!
In honor of July 4th, I have uploaded a new low carb Cole Slaw recipie. Look for it under "Basic Low Carb Cole Slaw". If you make it and do some good modifications/additions, let me know....

Happy 4th!

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i make mine with broccoli slaw (not cabbage, but in produce section with shredded cabbage), truvia, apple cider vinegar, and mayo.

my mom makes a broccoli salad with broccoli, red onion, bacon and cheddar cheese, pretty similar and you can make it low carb and no one will know.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    what is the recipe?

can't find what you are talking about.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i couldn't find it either.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Mine is low carb. It's my Mom's recipe and I much prefer it to those milky/mayo/sweet cole slaws.

Dressing:
    1 part apple cider vinegar ( I do 1/4 C)
    3 parts good olive oil (I do 3/4 C)
    Salt and Black Pepper to taste

Add in:
    1/4 C pimientos or green olives, chopped
    1/4 - 1/2 C Feta Cheese (optional)
    1/2 Green Cabbage, finely chopped

It's super easy and the optional Feta is a wonderful addition I picked up from a little chicken restaurant in Alabama that used it
  • kkmulholland
    Options
    Well, not sure what has happened. The recipe is NOT posted in the Database. I did submit it to the database for other users but based on the comments here, I looked it up and it is not available. I checked my settings and I did check the box that allows it to be posted.

Strange... let me know if anyone has ideas as to the reason it may not be posted.
  • kkmulholland
    Options
    Here is the recipe... sorry it didn't get posted!

Kraft - Mayo Light , 8 Tbsp.
    Sour Cream - Daisy Light, 8 Tbsp
    Fresh Express - Tri Color Cole Slaw Mix, 1 container (7 1/2 cups ea.)
    Bragg - Organic Raw ~ Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (With the Mother), 4 Tsp
    Great Value - Spicy Brown Mustard, 1 tsp
    Generic - Kosher Salt, 1 tsp
    Splenda -Granulated - Pourable, Not Packets, 1 tsp
    Bob's Red Mill Ground Flax Seed Meal, 2 tbsp

Mix all ingredients except slaw mix first. Season dressing to taste. Combine with slaw mix. Chill one hour before serving if possible.