EM2WL = Food coma?

Options
JenW1973
JenW1973 Posts: 82 Member
I've been EM2WL for only a little less than a week now, and while I LOVE the fact that I can eat so much, I'm finding it awfully hard to eat so much [healthy] food. Sure, I could - in the old days - not bat an eyelash over eating a meal at Friendly's that contained upwards of 1500 calories, but the sheer volume of healthy food required to eat 1800 calories in a day is hard to consume. I feel like I'm eating all the time just to get those calories in and my stomach feels very full. I'm kind of sluggish and just icky feeling.

My question is: is this normal in the early days of EM2WL? I love food, so I honestly never thought I'd be thinking anything along the lines of, "but I just don't want to eat more food." Still, that's the way I feel the last few days.

A little reassurance, please, that this uncomfortably full feeling will go away....

Replies

• mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    It absolutely will go away. I felt the same way, and now I can't even contemplate reducing my calories to my cut value. I will say though, having a protein shake every night has helped me hit my macros. Before those I found it very difficult to consume that much lean protein.

Stick with it!!
  • JenW1973
    Options
    It absolutely will go away. I felt the same way, and now I can't even contemplate reducing my calories to my cut value. I will say though, having a protein shake every night has helped me hit my macros. Before those I found it very difficult to consume that much lean protein.

Stick with it!!

Thanks!

Do you recommend any particular brand of protein powder for the shake? I've been thinking of trying protein shakes, but I don't want to drop that kind of money on a yucky tasting one.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

Stick with it!!

Thanks!

Do you recommend any particular brand of protein powder for the shake? I've been thinking of trying protein shakes, but I don't want to drop that kind of money on a yucky tasting one.

I use Cytosport 100% Whey Protein in Vanilla (bought at Costco). It is very tasty. It tastes like vanilla and coconut, to me. I sometimes stir it into Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, but I'm sure it would be good in any kind of milk you'd prefer. It's also really amazing in fruit smoothie. On workout days, I have it after a workout, but it would be great for breakfast too.
  • Starlight50
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I 'm feeling quite full. I've been eating about 1700 calories. Looking at my food diary , I have a habit of eating sweets in the afternoon--thereby upping my calories (and sugar). Today I did much better.

I avoid most dairy so I use Jay Robb Egg White protien powder Vanilla Flavor . I'm planning on just ordering some regular egg white powder that does not have any flavoring and see how that goes.

Warning about the egg white protien -- don't add it to anthing warm! LOL . Very early one morning, I thought I would save time by adding some to my morning coffee. Seemed like a good idea since it's vanilla flavored. I figured it would be just like adding creamer. .... um.yea... egg whites and heat = scrambled egg whites! :drinker:
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    I thought it was going to be impossible to get to the amount of calories that i'm not now (just started to cut again this week) when I first started upping. I thought I must be a freak of nature feeling so full I wanted to puke since I too LOOOOVE to eat. NOW...I want to eat MORE than i'm suppose to. LOL...Just can't quite win.

But...Just think of that icky bloated feeling that you have as proof that you are doing the right thing. Your body will adjust in time and then you will be like other people and actually feel hunger again and have to use will power to lose weight again.

Good luck on your venture! Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    It will definitely go away...just gotta hang in there and try to split your calories up evenly throughout the day so you're not stuffing in too many at one sitting.

And believe it or not, there may come a time soon once your body adjusts where you become ravenous!!!
  • JenW1973
    Options

Stick with it!!

Thanks!

I use Cytosport 100% Whey Protein in Vanilla (bought at Costco). It is very tasty. It tastes like vanilla and coconut, to me. I sometimes stir it into Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, but I'm sure it would be good in any kind of milk you'd prefer. It's also really amazing in fruit smoothie. On workout days, I have it after a workout, but it would be great for breakfast too.

Thank you for the recommendation!
  • JenW1973
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I 'm feeling quite full. I've been eating about 1700 calories. Looking at my food diary , I have a habit of eating sweets in the afternoon--thereby upping my calories (and sugar). Today I did much better.

I avoid most dairy so I use Jay Robb Egg White protien powder Vanilla Flavor . I'm planning on just ordering some regular egg white powder that does not have any flavoring and see how that goes.

Warning about the egg white protien -- don't add it to anthing warm! LOL . Very early one morning, I thought I would save time by adding some to my morning coffee. Seemed like a good idea since it's vanilla flavored. I figured it would be just like adding creamer. .... um.yea... egg whites and heat = scrambled egg whites! :drinker:

Eeeeew!! That sounds gross in your coffee. Thanks for the recommendation and the warning!
  • JenW1973
    Options
    I thought it was going to be impossible to get to the amount of calories that i'm not now (just started to cut again this week) when I first started upping. I thought I must be a freak of nature feeling so full I wanted to puke since I too LOOOOVE to eat. NOW...I want to eat MORE than i'm suppose to. LOL...Just can't quite win.

But...Just think of that icky bloated feeling that you have as proof that you are doing the right thing. Your body will adjust in time and then you will be like other people and actually feel hunger again and have to use will power to lose weight again.

Good luck on your venture! Feel free to friend me if you like.

Thank you. Request sent.
  • JenW1973
    Options
    It will definitely go away...just gotta hang in there and try to split your calories up evenly throughout the day so you're not stuffing in too many at one sitting.

And believe it or not, there may come a time soon once your body adjusts where you become ravenous!!!

Thanks! That'll be interesting! I just changed my diary settings so that there's a snack between each meal and after dinner. That should help keep me on track as I'm not much of a snacker usually.
  • slays1415
    slays1415 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

This. I always chuckle when I see people feeling like 1500-1800 cals is a ton. Once you are approaching your goal weight, this will probably feel like "nothing" again. Best of luck!
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Stick with it!!

Yes, I also do a protein shake almost every night. It's casein whey and it tastes UhMazing! It's supposed to help my muscles while I am sleeping but I drink it because it helps get my protein in AND it tastes indulgent!~

An easy way to sneak more cals in that allows me to successfully hit my macros are Extra Virgin Olive oil and avacados. I've eaten an entire avacado before as long as it fits in my macros.

Stick with it!

I try to eat 3/4s of my cals before I get in the car and head home from work.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    A great good for you thing that tastes like dessert - Balance Bars. no more than 210 calories, fulfills your macros (40/30/30), and is sooooo yummy. Seriously. I have it as fuel before cardio. Cookie Dough and S'mores are my favorites.
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options

Stick with it!!

Thanks!

I make my own:

1/2 cottage cheese
    blueberries/raspberries/strawberries
    scoop of Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Ice Cream Protein Powder
    tablespoon of peanut butter
    ice
    water

I think the packaged ones are yucky and this way I know exactly what I am getting!!

When I first started I used this site: http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/ Amazing shake recipes!!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I hear you!! I'm on my second day, and feeling so full!!

I make my own protein shakes. In a blender I put fat-free milk, ice, Splenda, a banana, frozen berries and a scoop of Isopure protein powder. So far it's been a great way to meet my calorie and protein goal! I'll send you a friend request.
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    I agree with you! I just started about 5 days ago and I feel the same as you, I am trying to fill up my food diary with clean, healthy food. One thing I have started making for my after workout snack is a frozen banana, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup milk and some PB2. It's about 300 calories and sooo yummy and filling :)
  • Starlight50
    Options
    I try to get to bed at a regular time so I can get 6-8 hours in. I've been getting regular sleep for several weeks now and it has helped tremendiously with my energy. Even though I feel full, the added calories has put my energy over the top!. I even want to work out. I've started using my weights again.