DINNER! What does everyone have planned?

Options
cramernh
cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
I have a very low-carb dinner planned tonight:

Homemade italian meatballs (using almond-'flour' instead of breadcrumbs), homemade au-jus (thanks to saving the beef bones and veggie scraps to make a stock!), freshly roasted cauliflower, broccoli with butter, sea salt and black pepper.

Hubby gets homemade stuffing with his dish - Im simply doubling my veggie portion...

Replies

• Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy: a bag of frozen normandy blend veggies and some burger with cheese.
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm having LC meatballs and sp. sauce over steamed broccoli. And for dessert homemade blueberry ice cream.... :drinker:
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    sausage and peppers
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Salad: Romaine lettuce, bleu cheese, bleu cheese dressing, jicima, chicken breast.... mmmm!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy: a bag of frozen normandy blend veggies and some burger with cheese.

HEY! Thats not lazy!!!! Thats yummy!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Leftover diced beef cassorole (with zucchini, carrots, spinach, etc) with the chickpeas and whatnot for the rest of the family removed.

Covered with tabasco sauce and finishing with a couple of spoonfuls of premium chocolate cookie ice cream 'cos I've been eating well all day. :)
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm making one of my all time favourites- chinese slow cooked beef, served with Pak Choi (chinese leaves)

Here's where the original recipe came from: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9646/chinesestyle-braised-beef-onepot

The original recipes stated 9g carbs per portion, but I have lowered this by omitting the flour (you can use xantham gum to thicken) and subbing the muscovado sugar for splenda.

It is SERIOUSLY yummy