cant keep up

Options
i am in week two and the power jumps and jacks and all the quick moves with squats included seem to be really hard to me i can only do a few and i have a hard time trying to keep form and not fall on the concrete floor im on or hurt myself and power jumps are almost impossible to get my knees that high what can i do to improve on these or an alternative exercise to do while they are doing these to build up to that. also how do you keep your core tight and contracted and still breathe i still haven't figured that out and really would like any help with that one i already do regular push ups until i work up the strength to do them their way. please i am so new to all of this and i want to get better

Replies

• returnonetime
    returnonetime Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I wouldnt worry too much about whether you are getting your knees as high as theirs, that will come with time, and also dont worry about keeping up, just keep going at your pace and you will see results, maybe next time round you will keep up. As long as you are pushing yourself you will be improving. I dont know about any alternatives.
    The core thing is soemthing I am still figuring out so maybe someone else has better advice on that.
  • kaigausista
    kaigausista Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I'll just share my insanity experience so far. I'm on Month 2 week one.... when I started I couldn't keep up at all. LOL I even struggled just doing girl push ups. I agree with the above comment 'just keep going at your pace'. I try to modify some of the moves and I still get results. Started a month ago at 202 and now am at 193lbs. Lost inches too. I try to keep at my own pace but at the same time kept pushing myself. For instance, when I started for the push ups I do girl push ups. For the power jumps, as long as I get my feet off the floor and I touch my knees and stop whenever I need to catch my breath. You don't have to jump as high. Just as long as I keep pushing myself. Although I'm still working on catching up with them I am improving day by day. Listen to Shaun T... take a rest when you need to, keep the form and go at your own pace. Now I'm able to do 4 regular push ups non stop.... may not be a big thing but it's an improvement from when I started. You really can tell much difference when you do the Fit Test every two weeks. Even those ppl doing the workouts are struggling and some of them are on round 2 or 3 of insanity or are atheletes and fitness instructors.... even Shaun T take breaks (saw that on todays workout). It's the hardest workout put on DVD so give yourself credit for even doing the workout.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Focus more on form than on "keeping up". Do it correctly first and speed will come. Take a rest when you need to.

Start trying to keep your core tight, while still breathing, when you're not doing Insanity. I do it at work, while watching tv, when I'm running, etc... just keep practicing. You'll get there!