First day of EM2WL, and way below goal! Help!!

butterfli7o
butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
Ugh!! What a totally opposite issue that what I had when I was eating low-cal. I just finished my dinner, it's almost 8pm...and I have 492 cals left to meet goal! Omg. Should I leave it be, or make myself a protein smoothie or something? Seriously, if I'm supposed to eat that much for this to work, I don't want to mess it up. If you look at my diary, you'll see I've been eating plenty!

Replies

• JenW1973
    JenW1973 Posts: 82 Member
    I'm fairly new, too....nearing the end of my first week...so I'll be interested to see what others say, but my opinion is to add a snack only if you can fit it without feeling overfull tonight. Otherwise, just try to get some extra snacks in during the day tomorrow to get closer to goal. I'm finding I've been uncomfortably full and I probably wouldn't feel this badly if I took the calorie ramping more slowly. It's not the end of the world if you aren't at goal (TDEE-15%) the first day. Just make sure you are above your BMR.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    enjoy that smoothie :) plan better tomorrow! you are used to hoarding calories LOL
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Thanks guys. I'm a little under BMR, so I may make a small smoothie. :) Totally not used to being this full!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I would say go ahead and enjoy a smoothie, especially if you won't be eating breakfast until after 8:00 am tomorrow. I always try to have a small snack around 7:00-8:00 pm because I usually don't eat breakfast until 9:00 am and I don't want my body to go that long without food!
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Definitely pre plan if you can tomorrow. . . and when you go grocery shopping add in nuts, nut butters, coconut or other healthy oils, and full fat or just reduced fat dairy products. You'll be surprised at how fast those calories will add up! For now, check your macros (the totals at the bottom of your diary) and see what you are missing. For me, it's usually low on the protein end of things and a protein smoothie is usually my best bet. I'll even toss it in my ice cream maker so I think I'm having dessert! Enjoy . . .
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Your diary looks great! One thing I do (and enjoy) is to get the full fat versions of things like yogurt (or at least 2% rather than 0%). I really like the taste and texture of the yogurt better with a little fat, and it helps increase my calories total as well. BTW, I don't know if you like Greek yogurt but it has a ton of protein so it's good for helping to keep your macros in check.
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    it helps increase my calories total as well.

I love this! :laugh: I still can't get used to em2wl :laugh: