Pre-op appointment Thursday!!

CHUBBYLOVLEY
CHUBBYLOVLEY Posts: 65 Member
Hello everyone,
So I have my Pre-op on Thursday which I was told that the surgeon will give me my results of my chest X-ray, EKG and Stress echo and his final approval for my sleeve surgery scheduled on the 30th. And when I will pick up my meal in a bag (baractric advantage) protein drink mix. My question, anyone actually drink that specific brand? And if so what flavor is the best? At $60 bucks a pop I don't want to waste any money on a flavor that's gonna want to make me puke. I have to start my all liquid diet on Monday till my surgery date then also continue for 2weeks after surgery. Just getting anxious and a little nervous.

Above all thank you everyone for all the kind words and encouragement you guys are the best!!!

Replies

• pljohnson001
    pljohnson001 Posts: 50 Member
    I enjoyed Body Fortress Whey Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor. I write 'enjoyed' because after living on them for three weeks now, I don't think there's a shake :smile: flavor known to man I crave, but they were tasty to begin with!
  • You are getting closer lady. Congrats! I didn't have to go on a liquid diet prior to my surgery. I did use them post op. Orange was my favorite from Bariatric Advantage. I thought that I would like my usual favorites, chocolate or strawberry, but I didn't. Good luck!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    I still use the Bariatric Advantage powders. I like the chocolate and banana. I use them when I am wanting a thicker shake. I make them with fat free soy milk and toss in a few ice cubes and maybe a bit of frozen fruit. For my daily grab and go shakes I use the Premier brand ready made shakes from Costco. They are smooth, creamy, and dont have that too-thick texture. They are only 5 carbs and 30gms of protein. They are good enough that I have to buy extras now because the hubs has decided he likes them and drinks them chocolate milk! Good luck on your visit and excited for you for your surgery!