Took 6 months to lose my latest kg!

Kim55555
Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
It took 6 months to lose my latest kg. I had lost 31 kg already which took 2 years to do.

Here's a little bit about me:

Female
5 foot 2 - 59.2 kg
Exercise vigorously, heavy weights, intense sport
Eat at a small defecit
Eat clean 99% of the time, no processed crap

I have lost a lot of centimetres and body fat in the past 6 months but the scale didn't budge and I wasnt too concerned with this because I was becoming thinner and thinner. People kept commenting that I was losing so much weight. I also took regular photos and was encouraged by my great progress. So motiviation was always there and I kept chipping away at it. People also thought I looked like I weigh 55 kg when I actually was fluctuating between 60 - 62 for the past 6 months.

Then all of a sudden the scale decides to move. lol I couldn't believe it. I had broken through the 50 kg barrier!

Its confusing though - Why all of a sudden did my scale weight lower. I guess it takes time for the body weight to shift. I'm really not fussed with what number I end up on the scale. Its funny because when this happened just last week I bumped into a work colleague who I hadnt seen in a couple of months and she noticed that I'd lost heaps more weight. She said she weighs 58 kg but weigh more than her and yet im so much thinner than her and she couldn't understand that. I didnt go into details with her I just said I exercise a lot and talked about the foods I eat.

Her diet isnt the best and she is sedentary btw. So I look thinner than her because I am more compact. Muscle takes up less space than fat. Its denser and pulls everything in. (I didnt go into such detail with her as I didnt want to think I was offending her)

The scale weight isn't the be all and end all for me as I'm concentrating on LBM and measurements although it would be nice if I were about 57 kg just so that I could feel a little bit lighter on my feet I'm thinking. I'm quite a solid kind of a build and would like to lean down a bit more through the waist. But maybe thats just my natural body shape so I need to take that into account.

The scale number will end up where it wants to at the end. I just have some fat on my tummy that I want to get rid of and at the pace I'm going it might be another 6 - 12 months before I get there. I like to eat at a small defecit so that I have fuel for my sports peformance and it helps me to get stronger in the gym and reatin my muscle. I also know that if I were to go any lower than 57 I would start to look anorexic with the kind of build I am. I would lose muscle mass too. I am nicely toned at my current weight. It might be just a matter of working on my body composition but I dunno. I'll see what happens.

Wow I didnt mean to write so much. Its kind of funny that the scale weight can take 6 months to drop when you have just a few kgs left to lose. I wonder why all of a sudden it moved hmmm.

Anyone have any stories to tell?

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    the last few are the hardest :) but i agree, we should try to focus LESS on an ideal weight and more on an ideal look & feel
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    I'm at a similar weight as you..but an inch shorter and exercise a lot less!
    I've been fluctuating from 59-61 kg for the past 7 months. Before I joined EM2WL, i was really devastated about it, but I too, am no longer obsessed with the scale weight. I did the 30 Day Shred 8-9 months ago and though I didn't lose any weight, people were commenting on how much I'd lost and my clothes from when I was 55 kg fit me again..so using that NSV and having read stories of people like yourself, I am motivated to start exercising properly again and turn all this fat to muscle! :D
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    I'm at a similar weight as you..but an inch shorter and exercise a lot less!
    I've been fluctuating from 59-61 kg for the past 7 months. Before I joined EM2WL, i was really devastated about it, but I too, am no longer obsessed with the scale weight. I did the 30 Day Shred 8-9 months ago and though I didn't lose any weight, people were commenting on how much I'd lost and my clothes from when I was 55 kg fit me again..so using that NSV and having read stories of people like yourself, I am motivated to start exercising properly again and turn all this fat to muscle! :D

cool, good work! :)