NROLFW anyone?

butterfli7o
butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
I've heard great things about this book and was thinking about getting it...however, I did hear it's best if you are going to a gym, which I'm not. I have hand weights at home as well as one of those home gyms that uses weights and has like 10 different exercises (sorry, I honestly don't know what to call it!) Do you think this book would be beneficial? I didn't want to get it if I can't do the exercises. For example, I can't do bench presses...

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    There are alternate exercises in the book for those that don't have a gym.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    i really enjoyed reading the book actually. I found it to be well written and very informative without being boring - it was actually sort of funny at times!

I tried to do the routine at home with the alternate exercises but hit a wall very early with the weights i have. I can deadlift more than the weights i have...so for ME it was counterproductive not being able to actually lift progressively heavier...which is the whole point. I'm very happy to have read the book though and gotten a better understanding of the eating more concept and the benefits of lifting - which wasnt on my radar at all.

and one day I'll be able to fit in gym time and id like to give it another go
  • lovtolaff
    lovtolaff Posts: 65 Member
    For those of you that have read and are doing this - what are your thoughts on this statement that I found in the reviews of the book:

"Final thoughts about fat loss: This is probably not the book for someone looking to lose 50-100 or more pounds. It's for someone who is probably 30 lbs. or less from goal and who has worked out before, who has a certain level of current fitness, and who is comfortable in the weight room."

I would like to read the book but I don't have a gym membership and can't afford one at the moment. The only thing I do have is 5 and 10 lb weights.

Thoughts?