30 Day Shred

swaters86
swaters86 Posts: 3 Member
I've decided to start the 30 day shred tonight and I am extremely nervous! I'm just getting back into the swing of things with exercise and I'm nervous that I will not be able to do the whole workout that they do. Also, is it a deal breaker if I can't do it everyday? Should I wait to start this until I can do it everyday? It's not that my body can't do it everyday, it's just that there are some days where I will not be home for 20 minutes a night to do it.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Don't stress. It is better to have some break days in there and work some different muscles. Also, there are mods for easier exercises. Do your best and push yourself a bit but if you can't do something, do something else, just keep moving. Marching in place is good if you are out of breath. Girl pushups instead of full pushups. Going slower, these all will work fine.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi there!

Don't worry too much about that. You should not even work out every day. Your body needs rest days in between. 5-6 workout days are good.

If you just start to work out, chances are that you might not be able to do the whole workout they do-do as much as you can.
    It should be fun too, not just only something you have to do.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    agree with NOT doing it for 30 days in a row. go 2-3 days then rest and try to do it for a TOTAL of 30 days. you'll burn yourself out quickly if you try to go at it in a row.

i like 30ds, its "fun"
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    I just started the Shred again. I did it once last year..and trust me, its worth it! I can't always keep up with them and have to take breathers every now and then, but I do as much as I can. I remember that it got easier after the first few days. And its perfectly alright to take rest in between..I've decided I'm only going to do it 5 times a week this time around, so that my body gets rest and I don't quit.
    Don't wait to start..you will build up the endurance for it eventually. Just aim to do 30 days in total. You will get the hang of it! Good luck!
  • swaters86
    swaters86 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement! I'm actually getting excited to start it tonight!
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    I'm doing it again at the moment during my kids school holidays. It looks easy but seriously kicks your butt! I'm a PCOS chick too. If yu need a friend here feel free to add me in.
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 191 Member
    I tried doing it 5 days a week and started getting knee and back problems and stopped. But I really liked it it's a huge burn for very little time. Also I probably only got injured because I'm probably 50+ lbs overweight and really out of shape but I def want to start it up again if only every other day.
  • shirellp
    shirellp Posts: 12
    I am about half way through level 2. I read that the way it was intended to be done was as follows ( read it on a 30 day shred group thread)
    Day 1 30 ds
    Day 2 30 ds
    Day 3 other cardio
    Day 4 30 ds
    Day 5 30 ds
    Day 6 other cardio
    Day 7 rest
    You continue in this pattern until u have done ten days of each level.
    She gives u easier alternatives to the exercises and it's a bloody good workout. The sweat is pouring off me when I do it!