Azalais's Workout Log

azalais7
azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
Thought this would be a convenient way to keep track and keep myself accountable!

Today was my first weight workout of the month (I was hiking in the mountains last week), and I did a slightly modified version of NRL4W Stage 1B. Since this was my first time with this workout, I took it a bit easy to see where I'm really starting from:

Romanian deadlift: 1st set/15 reps 40lbs (way too light), 2nd set/15 reps 60lbs (will start with this next time)

Alternate sets:
Dumbbell shoulder press: 1st set/14 reps, 15lbs each side, 2nd set/10 reps 15 lbs each side
Inverted rows: [using Smith machine bar set at chest height]: 2 sets of 15 reps (will start with bar a bit lower next time)

Lunge: 2 sets/15 reps each, body weight (finished both sets, but very hard at end of 2nd)
Swiss-ball crunch: 2 sets/15 reps, body weight (next time add 10 lbs).

Replies

• azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    I was still really sore today from last time, and wasn't sure if I should maybe take an extra day off, but in the end I decided to push through and do the second round of Stage 1A:

Leg press: warm-up set followed by 2 sets/15 reps @ 90lbs.

Alternate sets:

Incline push-ups (60-degree angle, more or less): 2 sets/15 reps.
    Seated pulley rows: 2 sets/15 reps 40lbs

Step-ups (on aerobic step platform with three base thingeys): 2 sets/15 reps body weight
    Swiss-ball prone jackknife: 2 sets/15 reps

The push-ups, step-ups, and jackknives were noticeably easier! It's exciting to see myself getting stronger.

I plan on doing the second round of Stage 1B on Saturday, then I'll be upping weights and lowering reps for both routines.