Carbs

How is everyone getting enough carbs in their diet? Are you guys eating sandwiches or utilizing the natural carbs in fruits and things like that?

Replies

• bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
    I have the exact opposite problem- I am over on carbs daily!

I eat oatmeal, yogurt, and an excessive amount of fruit. Believe me, it adds up quickly!
  • lol @ excessive amount of fruit. I get tired of eating a sandwich every day to try to get my carbs up. I'm going to start eating more fruit like bananas
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204

I eat oatmeal, yogurt, and an excessive amount of fruit. Believe me, it adds up quickly!

I have to agree. I have to consciously try to stay under my carb goal. I have protein and carbs at every meal. I snack on popcorn, fruit and veggies daily. Carbs are my friend.
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Primarily fresh fruit, dried fruit, greek yogurt that is made with fruit, vegetables, and some processed foods like energy bars, cereal, flatout bread, etc.

I try and balance my meals. If I am eating 30 grams of protein at lunch, I like to get in 30 grams of carbs at the same time....salad, fruit, beans on my salad. Things like that. I find that if I focus on protein, the carbs are really just supplements to make the meal tasty.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Fresh Fruit, Greek Yogurt, Whole Grain bread and white rice are how I get my carbs.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member

I have to agree. I have to consciously try to stay under my carb goal. I have protein and carbs at every meal. I snack on popcorn, fruit and veggies daily. Carbs are my friend.

I'm another one who has to agree with these posts...and the funny thing is I don't eat any bread, rice or pasta! And no dessert really. I do eat natural chips though ( Pop Chips Sweet Potato are my favorite right now).
  • thanks for the replies everyone. Im going to try to incorporate more fresh fruit into my diet. I eat a lot of veg but had cut back on the fruit. I thought the low carb was the way to go, but then I found em2wl.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    My carbs are always over!!

I focus mainly on protein though and trying to get 120+ grams and as well as 34 grams of fibre. I don't really care too much about my carbs.

I eat cereal some days, sandwiches, fruit, etc.