I WILL DO IT!

Options
Renae_Nae
Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
I'm just not sure how!

I don't have room in my bedroom and my step-dad works from home and the office is right off the livingroom. Since I had an appointment this morning I haven't been able to workout all day since he's working! I thought today was my parents anniversary and they would go out to dinner but they went out last night.

I need everyone to LEAVE...I hate working out in front of them and they won't do it with me so that's not an option.

Replies

• HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My computer is in my dining room that is joined by a door way into the living room. I have my husband hang a sheet in the doorway because I can't workout with him able to watch me. I know exactly how you feel. If you have a laptop or portable dvd player you could go anywhere; if not your stuck. Maybe move the dvd player to another tv??? Good luck
  • SGTflatfoot
    SGTflatfoot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to get over the fear of working out in front of people, but I understand where you're coming from. It feels embarrassing, but you just have to remember that you're doing this for you and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Last week the last 3 days I had to work out in front of people, but I almost feel like I worked harder because of it.

This week I'm in Vegas working out in my boyfriend's summer house with all his roommates here. It gets easier to just not care about other people once you get started! You may even be surprised by them. Most of the time they give you encouragement and you might even inspire them to start working out! Healthy habits can be infectious! Keep it up--you won't regret it, I promise :]
  • csiwannabe88
    Options
    I used to hate it too, but got over it. Now, I have such body image issues so I feel like my husband must be sitting there thinking "ewwww" as he watches me, but deep down I know that he isn't. Once you start doing it, you will stop caring.