Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• insanitymum
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a wine lover and finding it hard to give up on Mfp :( currently drinking a small pinot grigio spritzer as I have worked very hard this week and I'm treating myself
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a wine lover and finding it hard to give up on Mfp :( currently drinking a small pinot grigio spritzer as I have worked very hard this week and I'm treating myself
    I've read the spritzers save on calories! I'll have to try that. I'm enjoying my Chardonnay right now!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I don't know if I have a favorite wine. I will try any wine at least once if not multiple times, season to season my taste for wines changes. I always have a verity of wines at the house from the local winery and will occasionally pick up a bottle at the store to try. I don't know if anyone has purchased a bottle that was just horrible, but I know I have and when I do get that bottle I just can't just I always use a mixer about half wine (depending on how BAD it is) and the other half sprite zero, or diet coke with some ice. Makes the wine much better and then I don't waste the money by throwing it out. I am a huge red fan, blushes are okay, and Whites are good once in a while as well. I have a blast at wineries and doing wine tastings. I have cut back on all alcohol intake since joining MFP but still enjoy to drink a few now and again. Hope we can use this group to find new wines to try and the ones that we should probably stay away from.

Dave

What vineyards have you visited? My favorite was Coppola in Napa.
  • ShrinkMeQuickly
    ShrinkMeQuickly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm Sarah and definitely a red wine girl....I'm from Adelaide (South Australia - the Wine State of Australia.....we produce 70% of Australia's glorious wine) as a result I like big bold reds like a Barossa Shiraz, Tempranillos from Spain, Anything from the Coonawara or the McClaren Vale regions I would definitely snap those up without a second's hesitation!!! Even Wirra Wirra and Church Block earn a guernsey!

I'm very much liking the new Shiraz Viognier blends and have even started developing a tast for a few Argentinian Malbecs.

Unfortunately living in London we don't get much exposure to the American reds with the main one available here being Echo Falls which I tend to leave on the shelf as it looks like it would lead to a large hang over especially at the £3 bottle price point!

Happy to find some like minded souls!

S :smile:
  • katepoetchan
    Options
    seems I am a little late to the wine lovers group. I am a big fan of Chilean reds and also Chiantis right now. There was a great red that I had recently at a wine bar where I live but I forget the name. It was an Italian red that was amazing.
  • WezieWorl
    WezieWorl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a wine lover. I enjoy any grape that taste good. I started out with sweet whites like Sauternes and Gewurztraminer. And since I have move all the way up the tasting flight to drier whites then to reds. The last grape I grew to like was Chardonnay. I love pairing the wines I drink with my meals. Some of my favorite combos are Riesling with a spicy Szechuan dish and a Old Vines Zin with a burger.
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Mari (Maritza).. just joined this group today! I love my vino!! My favorite is a Meritage.. Kendall Jackson makes a very good one.. if not Robert Mondavi. I prefer reds (Meritage or Cabernet), I've limited my intake to the weekends only and I've been drinking Chardonnay lately because of fewer calories. Trust me, I always plan my workouts and calories before drinking my wine! :bigsmile: Does that make me a responsible drinker? :blushing: Happy to be here and I'll drink to that!! :drinker:
  • kslatta
    kslatta Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Mari! I'm so glad to know about someone who loves wine as much as I do who is also losing weight. Congratulations on losing 21 pounds! You inspire me.
    My latest strategy is to eat some good, lean proteins early in the day, when I'm not tempted to drink, and to measure out exactly the ounces of wine that I can have to stay within my diet at night. This obviously does not work when I'm going out for dinner, but I'm working on that.

How have you managed to drink and still lose weight?

And do you want to be friends?

Kimberly