Still can't make it above my BMR!! Macro help??

mgall86
mgall86 Posts: 30 Member
Could someone take a look at my diary and tell me if I have my macros set right? It seems like I have an awful lot of carbs and protein that I still need to eat today but it's already almost 7pm and I am so full! I think I set it at 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat.

Also, how can I get more calories in?? I am so full already and I feel like I've been eating all day, but I am still not over my BMR! Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    For extra protein you could try any of these

Almonds( good fats too)
    Healthy oils
    Protein powder, shakes, mix it in some Greek yoghurt
    Chai seeds, I've just started these and they rare so good, high in fibre, super high in protein and not many cals. I sprinkle them in my yoghurt.
    Cheese
    Milk
    High protein bread
    Hummus....

I see you already have eggs and peanut butter

I'm sure other will come in with more ideas.

Trust me once you increase your cals your hunger will increase and you won't know how you survived before. I used to have a cup of black tea for breakfast and an apple as a snack and sometimes wonder why I was hungry/starving at 2pm....oh yeah I had forgotten to eat. Once your body realizes that you are feeding it, it will turn into a hungry healthy monster.
    Your on the right track
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Try to fill in your protein for the day first, then carbs, fats seam to fall into place.
    Aim for your lean BW in grams of protein (so if your LBW is 120 then 120 gm protein), if you're able to get more in, great.
    Go peak in other member's diary's, lots of ideas for you there.
    The Scooby site has a recipe for protein bars, cheap and easy to make (tasty too) about 300 cals each:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/healthy-inexpensive-meal-replacement-bars/

Oh yeah, eat a bigger breakfast, that really helps, but so does ice cream!
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 113 Member
    I plan my food diary out the day or night before and it's like putting a puzzle together. When you do that, you have an idea of what you're trying to get in for the day and starting right away in the morning with a couple of things. I use my apps to look at the circle graph to see where I'm at with my macros. Good luck, feel free to check out my diary to see what I'm doing to get mine in, and checking others helps as well.