1 month in results!!!

Options
dzinergrl18
dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
I just wanted to share my results for those of you wondering if this can work for real. My disclaimer before starting: I'm not claiming to have done everything "by the book" but I did my best and tried to follow the plan as well as I could:bigsmile: This is how it turned out for me the first month:

I started EM2WL on June 1, by upping my cals to 2000 a day for my cut value according to Scooby. I started MFP back in March and after an initial loss of 10-11 lbs., quickly stalled and stopped losing. I decided not to do the total reset, just my preference honestly, as I had a number of days each week I was already eating at my TDEE or above. So, I measured myself and figured out my body fat %, plugged it all into Scooby's calculator and off I went! When I started I was 189.5 (I had a binge weekend before starting since I knew I would be eating more but eating healthy, so this was actually up 4 lbs. from where I had stalled), my BF% was 36%. I'm doing ChaLean Extreme as well as some cardio on the elliptical too. Now, a month later, my weight is back to 185.5 and BF% is 34.8!!!! :happy: I have lost 1.5" from my waist, 3" from my hips, .5" in each bicep and .5" in my chest. I am thrilled! I really don't like my weight number, but to know that I'm losing inches like that and able to fit into clothes that I couldn't just a month ago--I'll take it! I redid my numbers with Scooby today and plugged those into MFP so I'm ready for this month! :smile:

I hope this inspires those of you on the wall about starting. Yes, I had the bloating and fat feelings for a week or so. I still get them some days if I don't watch my bread intake! But I decided from the beginning I was sticking with this and not going back to VLCD (though I'm not afraid to say I was tempted at times!). I love how I feel when I lift, especially when I can up my weights from one week to the next. And I love eating dinner with my family and not having to say no to something because it's too high in calories. I know I could never live on 1200-1500 cal a day for the rest of my life...now I see I won't even have to try!!

Thanks for reading :smile:

Replies

• Starlight50
    Options
    Very encouraging! Thanks for sharing
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That is great and I love the process for the same reason - being able to eat normal food with friends and family.

Thanks for sharing your progress.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go girl. It is so important to keep this posts coming to encourage people who are still in doubt if this can really work.
    Keep up the great work.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! That is awesome!! Love hearing success stories on here b/c it gives all of us encouragement and reinforces that we are doing the right thing!!! Well done!!! :)
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Great report! Thank you for sharing!!
  • Sid422
    Sid422 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good for you and a big CONGRATS! Thanks for sharing your success and good luck as you continue this journey!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    That's great! Thanks for sharing!
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Love it! Congratulations!!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome nad thanks for sharing!!!! How did you measure your BF?
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    So great to hear! Great work!
  • dzinergrl18
    Options
    Thats awesome nad thanks for sharing!!!! How did you measure your BF?

I went to this site http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/cbbf/ and plugged all that info in. Pretty simple really...a lot easier than calipers, that's for sure!
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm approximately one month in too and finally weighed myself and I'm down two pounds :) and my skinny jeans are fitting better (even when right out of the dryer!) I haven't done any official measurements or anything but yeah if I could just keep losing 2lbs steadily each month I'll totally be happy :) yay for eat more! Also congrats again!
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i soo needed to read this. just sent you a request too :happy:
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good job! I love reading posts like this! Keep up the awesome work!
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! These posts are exactly what we need! Thanks for posting.:happy:
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to hear this week. Thank you and congrats on your progress! :flowerforyou:
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    way to go!!
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! I really needed to hear it! I am just starting out...I'm about a week into it...and my brain keeps wanting to tell me that this is never gonna work and that I'm gonna get bigger But i just keep telling my brain to shut up!!! lol its really encouraging to know that it really does work and that i need to just stay with it!!
  • dzinergrl18
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! I really needed to hear it! I am just starting out...I'm about a week into it...and my brain keeps wanting to tell me that this is never gonna work and that I'm gonna get bigger But i just keep telling my brain to shut up!!! lol its really encouraging to know that it really does work and that i need to just stay with it!!

I had the same issues when I started. Had to shut that voice up! Didn't even tell my hubby (still haven't explained it all, he's such a numbers guy that I don't want to hear it!) You will do great! I didn't weigh myself for 3 weeks when I started. Just did initial measurements and wore lose clothes!! Def had bloating and full feelings, but those get better. Stay in touch as you go and we'll encourage each other:)
  • dzinergrl18
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement:smile: It helps me so much to have friends on here who are going through the same things as me and are upbeat and positive about changing our lives! I have a couple friends that I'm trying to convince to change to EM2WL-they are on the fence right now. Even my sister isn't sure (she's on WW right now:grumble: !) Hopefully when our family and friends see our results and commitment, they will choose the same!

UPDATE AS OF JULY 11--
    Got on the scale this morning and am down 2 lbs!!! I'm jumping for joy:bigsmile: As much as the number shouldn't matter and my brain realizes that...it does make me feel good to see it going down!