Hot hot hot...

Options
KarenJanine
KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
and no, it's not the weather - I'm in England and we've just had the coldest, wettest June on record!

But ever since I've upped my calories I am always warm. All my life I've always really felt the cold, sat at work in lots of layers and sat shivvering when people opened the windows to let fresh air in. Now I'm in work in a t-shirt and still much warmer than usual and I'm the one wanting to let the fresh air in. Is this normal?! I can only think it's to do with my metablism being revved up and burning off all the food that's going into me (at least I guess this is what I hope is the cause).

As well as this I now sweat loads when working out, which I understand is a good thing, although it's not especially pleasant :/

Anyway, I'm not complaining, I much prefer being hot to being cold, but just wondered if anyone else has experienced this? (This reminds me I should change my profile pic - the thought of wearing a hat and scarf right now is extremely unappealing!)

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Lol, its normal. A lot of people have said they found they got hotter when they ate more. It will eventually even out for you:)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Thanks - good to know it's not just me anyway :)
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Interesting I have the same thing happening and never put the two together!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    NO JOKE...

Last year I would only have 1-2 hot flashes a WEEK, now 5-6 a DAY!:noway: :grumble: arrrgh!!!:devil:
  • CamyLoo
    CamyLoo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Interesting I have the same thing happening and never put the two together!

Me also, it's good to know
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yep I am with you and since I am in the UK as well I can confirm that it is NOT the weather lol.

Part of the game ;)
  • ji225
    ji225 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I found I got very hot to start with, but now it seems to have evened out and I can tolerate extremes of both temps much much better now - a lovely side effect! (used to get very cold in winter and suffer with heat on very stuffy days! )
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ALL of you...I have been having hot flashes and bouts of sweating for a couple of years...I am either extremely cold or extremely hot....Now, I am just HOT all of the time it seems like...But we are also having some of the hottest days on record here as well...I think for me it's a little bit of both...UGH!!!