Am I doing this right?

jcreynolds98
jcreynolds98 Posts: 35 Member
I have read the msg boards but I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. Below is my information:

CW: 205.5
BMR: 1681
TDEE: 2607
-15%: 2215
-20%: 2085

Based on the calculations, I am suppose to eat 2085 calories for a 20% deficit. Do I eat back my calories burned during exercise or not? Thanks

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    I have read the msg boards but I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. Below is my information:

CW: 205.5
    BMR: 1681
    TDEE: 2607
    -15%: 2215
    -20%: 2085

Based on the calculations, I am suppose to eat 2085 calories for a 20% deficit. Do I eat back my calories burned during exercise or not? Thanks

Welcome to the group! 20% cut is actually not recommended. Stick to 15% for 6 weeks and go from there!
  • jcreynolds98
    jcreynolds98 Posts: 35 Member
    Thanks, I will change my calories to the 15%. I have a hard time eating up to the 20%. Do I need to eat back my calories lost during exercise?
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    No. You do not eat back your calories, your exercise is already figured in to the 15% cut. Eat the 2215 every day whether or not you exercise. Welcome to the group!
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    She is correct - your exercise should be accounted for if you chose the correct activity level when you calculated TDEE. Therefore you do not eat back exercise calories UNLESS your exercise causes you go below BMR. Always make certain that you net BMR.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    bump
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    I very tempted to try this but struggle most days to hit my MFP basic let alone eating back exercise cals

I went to have a look at Scooby but the exercise Q got me I run most days even if it's just a couple of miles with the dogs am I safer saying moderate 3-5 days per week

How long do you recommend full calories before reducing again for weight loss?