6 weeks eating at TDEE, started cut and STARVING!

caseyj6206
caseyj6206 Posts: 20 Member
I know that a feeling hungry all the time now means that my metabolism is working efficiently, but man... after eating 2400-2500 calories a day for 6 weeks I am finding it really hard to only eat my cut of 2,060 calories a day! Who knew I would ever be able to say that?!?!?!?!

So... any suggestions to tide me over when I get hungry? My macros are where they should be, I eat (mostly) wholesome foods like nuts, fruit, and vegetables, and I eat 6 meals a day with snacks making up a majority of my calories. I'm still RAVENOUS!

How can I stick to my cut amount????

Replies

• TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    What is your cut? Maybe start out at a lower cut say 5-10% if you chose a higher one. Or at the least add 100 calories to get you through.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Nuts are tricky (I looked at your diary as well). They are high in fat which drives the calories way up but dont give alot of fullness. Would you consider switching to something still high protein but lower fat. Limiting nuts and trading it for something like greek yogurt or even more of the protein bars your eating might help. Smoothies go a long way with me but i dont tend to watch my calorie number as much as i watch the carbs (below 125 one day and around 200 the next) and keeping protein to 1g per pound....in my case around 180. I find it doesnt seem to matter as much the calories if the macros are in line. Just a thought. Give it a week - eat a bit more if you need to and see how it goes - most of this is trial and error anyways. Veggies also go a long way with something like hummus if you like that stuff. Be flexible .... its not a race and you'll get there and its alot better than the 1200 all the other women are eating!!! lol.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    One more thing i find helps is cheese - i like Babybel light cheese. 50 calories but it tends to keep hunger away when eaten with a fruit or serving of veggies.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Hang in there! Things should calm down in a week or so. In the meantime, maybe chew on gum, but if you are TRULY HUNGRY, eat!!! Lots of protein rich foods should help as well as healthy fats which help with that satisfied feeling. I wouldnt worry about meeting your macros too much this week.
  • caseyj6206
    Thanks for the replies. I would like to do my 15% cut of 2,060 but I'm sticking to around 2,200 per day.. I'm going to stay there for right now until things calm down a bit I guess. Nuts seem to satisfy me when I do have hunger, and the amount that I eat doesn't seem to really put me over... it's the evenings that I get the most hungry. After I've finished logging and kept to my goal, of course.
  • caseyj6206
    Nuts are tricky (I looked at your diary as well). They are high in fat which drives the calories way up but dont give alot of fullness. Would you consider switching to something still high protein but lower fat. Limiting nuts and trading it for something like greek yogurt or even more of the protein bars your eating might help. Smoothies go a long way with me but i dont tend to watch my calorie number as much as i watch the carbs (below 125 one day and around 200 the next) and keeping protein to 1g per pound....in my case around 180. I find it doesnt seem to matter as much the calories if the macros are in line. Just a thought. Give it a week - eat a bit more if you need to and see how it goes - most of this is trial and error anyways. Veggies also go a long way with something like hummus if you like that stuff. Be flexible .... its not a race and you'll get there and its alot better than the 1200 all the other women are eating!!! lol.

Also, the thing about the protein bars is that they add more calories and sodium, and I actually find that an apple or yogurt fill me up just as well. I will try hummus again though and see if I can tolerate it. I haven't really found a flavor that I find appetizing.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    I felt that way going to a cut after only 2 weeks at TDEE... it will subside in a few days. But, in the meantime, make sure that every time you eat you have some combination of protein, fat and carbs with the highest fiber content you can. This will keep you from having blood sugar fluctuations and the fat and fiber help you feel fuller longer.

Try and break up your calories into 5 meals and eat a small, balanced meal each time. It will get easier.
  • caseyj6206
    I felt that way going to a cut after only 2 weeks at TDEE... it will subside in a few days. But, in the meantime, make sure that every time you eat you have some combination of protein, fat and carbs with the highest fiber content you can. This will keep you from having blood sugar fluctuations and the fat and fiber help you feel fuller longer.

Try and break up your calories into 5 meals and eat a small, balanced meal each time. It will get easier.

I'm happy to know that it will go away and I won't want to eat everything in sight! I do have to think ahead before I eat something to make sure it's not total crap and does have SOME nutritional value.