Reset wk 5, gained 8, recalc TDEE?

Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
I know your supposed to calc when u lose, do I recalc. For 8lbs gained? Last nite I got on scale, was an 11lb gain since reset. ( cheat day involved ice cream). Went to bed thinking I was going to start cut today. But I'm holdin out for 2more wks.

Replies

• mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    How long have you been doing the reset? I wouldn't recalculate...just stick it out and then begin cut. If you are not losing on your cut, I would wait a couple of weeks and then cut another 100 and see how that goes. Unfortunately, no calculator is going to be able to give you your actual TDEE value, so you have to experiment until you find it. Good luck!

Edit: Sorry. Just saw the post title!! Definitely try to stick it out until the 8 weeks.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    I've got a bodybugg that tells me my TDEE, but it does fluctuate -depending on what I've done for the day. Maybe I should take it off & just go by scoobyworkshop 1980. Some days I'm 2100ish others 2300 ish, some Lowe as 1850. But if that's what I'm burnin, that's what I should be eatin...right?
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    I go by my Fitbit, but I don't adjust daily. I took a weekly average and used that number. It is usually right in the middle of what I burn.

I wouldn't ditch your Body Bugg numbers as they are probably more accurate than Scooby. I found that Scooby's numbers were too high for me. Maybe look back at your data for the past couple of weeks and find out what your average burn was for the week. That is the number that I would use :smile:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I agree the Body Bugg is more accurate for you. Just take a weekly average. I do the same with the Fit Bit
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I would also stick with your calories for the time of the reset. The lbs will come off eventually. Don't worry. Just stay strong and don't let the scale discourage you
  • Debbiedebbiey
    If it were the dead of winter, I wouldn't be complaining! But swimsuit 3xs a week, YIKES! That's the other thing, I'm about 4 hrs a day 3xs a week without my bodybugg,so my numbers are surely off too. Most time when I'm at pool I'm more active than if I'd had it on so..... Everything seems like such a science, I feel like I'm just stabbing at this.