Doughy abdomen

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
Does anyone else with Hypothyroidism have a really 'doughy abdomen'. so its squishy and feels just like when kneading dough?

I was 12st 7 last June now down to 9st 7 today, so lost 3 stone. Around my abdomen widest part was 48" last year and now down to 33 " and waist is 30" at slimmest part. I did lose an inch this last month after not losing any inches for ages but I was also 9st 4 a few weeks back just before monthlies started and water doesn't seem to be coming back off afterwards.

I can see shape of my ribs i go in just under ribs but then tummy is still sticking out a bit. I'm still in size 14's, I think if could get tummy flat I'd be in 12's as jeans are baggy at waist and in legs as my thighs are much slimmer with the passive trainer bike, but can't get in smaller size trousers as can't get them up over tummy to fasten. and most jeans I find fasten just about the hip these days even though they give a waist size so having to get 34" jeans when my actual waist just a little higher is 30"

I'm also wheelchair user so thought it was something known as 'Quad belly' cos tummy muscles don't get used as much been sat in wheelchair all day so develop a 'beer belly', but it has shrunk from 48" to 33 " so it can't be that? I've been doing lots of pilates core work on floor wearing everlast slimming belt to make that area sweat more, but it's still not coming off there as fast as everywhere else?

I've lost alot off face, neck and can see collarbones so people think I should stop losing weight now but my tummy is still bigger than I want it to be and still quite 'doughy'.. anyone else got this?