Scales are Stuck AGAIN! :(

Options
dcain2
dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
I just don't understand it. I have lost 4 dress sizes, feel great and yet the scale is still stuck in the same place. I thought I was moving past this but I am very discouraged. I know that people say not to depend on what the scale says but I have been stuck here at this weight for almost 9 months. I am beginning to think that I am not supposed to lose these 10 lbs. :sad:

Replies

• GIAngel222
    GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I know your pain and what you are going through....

I know you want to physically see the scale lowered but you shouldn't be so discouraged. It is easier said than done but I have been where you are and I am sure I will be there again. Out of the past 7 weeks I have worked out 32 days and my scale is not budging as fast as I think it should but I lost body fat and inches. You have to realize that losing inches and body fat is far more important than what the scale reads. Muscle weighs more than fat.

You went down 4 dress sizes, you should be very proud of yourself!
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You could try changing to a different kind of exercise that what you have been doing. The body adapts itself when you do the same routine for a long time.
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You could try changing to a different kind of exercise that what you have been doing. The body adapts itself when you do the same routine for a long time.

I never thought about that. I have been doing Fitness bootcamp at work for the past year & half. Maybe its time to add something else to it. I can't give up bootcamp because I am addicted to it! But I can exercise more.
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Four dress sizes is great! Have you checked on inches... that really makes the difference. Maybe switch up your routine a bit. Sometimes it even helps to take a few days off. I actually took 3 days off from working out and logging (and had beer and brats, etc at a ball game) and 5 days later lost more weight than I had in a month.

The body is a weird thing.

Good work!