How tall is your step?

Options
Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
I have one for step ups that is 16-kinda tall, I'm 5'3", short legs. The other is a 9"max aerobic step....what do you all use?

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm using a regular weight bench, basically because it's convenient. My other option is too short.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,005 Member
    Options
    The bench I can choose between are either 18" or 20".
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Wow. What weight do/did u use?
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I use a milk crate for some exercises. And for deadlifts from a box i use a step i made out of some wood which is a bit stronger but not as high as the milk crate.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm using a regular weight bench, basically because it's convenient. My other option is too short.

I take it back. I'm gonna go back to using the second step to the house, even though it's a pain the butt (ha!) to open the outer door with 20# dumbells and ignore the dogs while I do my step-ups.

But the weight bench is too hard to not cheat and my butt feels like it has boulders in it.

Okay maybe I'll try the bench one more time with BW only. :sad:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I always used the weight bench, as a step instructor I found the lower heights too close to my normal work to feel challenged.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm using a folding chair. Today, I did the first set with 8 lb. dumbbells and I had to lose the weights for the second set. Ouch.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    My gym has those Plyometric Boxes. I think I'm using the 12" one. May move onto the next height on the next A workout tho.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I started out using the weight bench. By the end of stage 1 I was using 25lb. dumbbells.

During stage 4, I used 8 risers on each side of the platform and did 3 sets of 8 reps using 30lb. dumbbells.

A trainer who's into NROL4W told me it's best to increase the height of the step before increasing the weight. Added bonus: the higher the step, the more you're working your butt (glutes).