I am scared!

I have decided to try eating more to weigh less. I have increased my cals to 1947 (my TDEE - 20% - I know it should be minus 15% but I just can't get there yet...) according to the scooby site (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) - that includes moderate lifestyle since I workout 5 days a week about 45 min-hour a day.

I was looking back on my food journal and realized that I was under NET 1200 cals almost every day. I'm not sure how I'm going to eat 1947 each day and feel good about it. It has a me a little scared.

But, I haven't seen any true weightloss in a couple of weeks and I'm positive it's because I'm not eating enough to support my workouts.

After eating so little, how do you cope with all that food and get your mind out of the 1200 cal a day mind set?

Replies

• I've been eating about 1400 a day plus eating exercise calories, but i'm not loosing weight either... I'm going to try upping my calories to see what happens... fingers crossed!

I'll add you as a friend, if thats ok to see how your progress is!
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Sometimes people need to add in calories slowly, maybe going up 100-200 each week until you reach your cut. I don't know of any easy fix for wrapping your brain around the idea, but this can help your body adjust. Make sure you read the support threads in this group! Even if you're not doing the reset, there's some encouraging information in those threads.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    its all in your mind! once you can get over that initial "scary" part, your body will DEMAND the added calories!!

most people seem to recommend just diving right in, i was also really nervous so i bumped to my BMR for a week or two before jumping right into my TDEE cut. and, oh.my.god. its awesome to eat like a human again and have ENERGY!!

you might want to consider a reset if you've been eating very low cal for a long time...
  • I'm doing this tooo! I'm a really active person so i'm trying not to get back into old habits of eating very little or not eating at all. This weight loss has to be slow for me and i need to do it healthily... although the plateau i'm going through at the moment aint fun i'm really looking forward to seeing if eating more weighing less works for me!

Let me know how you get on friend!
  • Same here! I am going to look into doing the reset and see what that's all about! Good luck everyone!
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    I've been adding the calories slowly, mainly because I don't think I was ever on a VLCD diet (never ate below my BMR, for example). The slow and steady has definitely worked for me. I've increased by about 100 every 4 weeks and I've continually lost and have seen my body become more defined. My cut goal is 1850, currently at 1700, so should be there by September.

It just feels so great to eat all day (I've always been a snacker) and have calories left for an entire dinner - and sometimes dessert - without having to work out just to burn calories to eat. Good luck!