I'd like to get all your thoughts on this

Options
poncho33
poncho33 Posts: 1,511
So I came across a situation I have yet to see on here. Actually I think a lot of guys do this but never a female (that I have heard of). So about two weeks ago my ex text me how she missed me and things like that. She sometimes does this but when I suggest we meet up she puts it off. Well she text me last Thursday and wants to get lunch tomorrow.... actually following through with her words.

Background: We were together over a span of 2 years, on and off do to me not being sure I wanted to get too serious with a gal that has a kid. Well she told me after a year and a half I would need to get more serous or we would have to go separate ways. So I put some thought into it and got to know her son really well and had strong feelings for her always, so I got to a place I needed for us to move on together. Well that scared her and she pushed me away for the last year. I haven't seen her in a year.

So anyway ladies or gents, what the hell is this all about?? I have heard of the regretting breakup meets early in a breakup, but a year of not seeing each other?? I should add that we have text a bit throughout the year and she currently has a convenience bf as she doesn't like to be alone.... However I have heard through sources that this guy is nothing serious to her.

And because it will be asked... yes, I would be open to getting back together with her... however treading lightly like an antelope hanging out with a group of Lions.

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    She is lonely and looking for companionship as the bf isn`t cutting it.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole. Your never gonna get completely over her if she keeps tugging at you. And sometime after a year the nostalgia hits and you start to remember all the good things and forget the bad.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    More than likely, she's hit a drought in dating and figured you'd be good for a short spin.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    So SHE says you need to get serious. YOU get serious. SHE backs out?? SHE gets another fella. YOU go back??

Sounds like she's wrapping you round her little finger Jim! Fine, if you dont mind that. But in the long run she's emotionally unstable and could flake at any time.

Of course you need to talk to her and ask HER why she's so pathetic? Did the fill in b/f not deliver? Or has she realised her love for you? I woudnt go running back to someone like that without satisfying my doubts.

Let us know how your luncheon goes. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • poncho33
    Options
    More than likely, she's hit a drought in dating and figured you'd be good for a short spin.

Well the good news is... she's F'n hot and the sex was good, so I'd be down for that short spin!
  • poncho33
    Options
    So SHE says you need to get serious. YOU get serious. SHE backs out?? SHE gets another fella. YOU go back??

Sounds like she's wrapping you round her little finger Jim! Fine, if you dont mind that. But in the long run she's emotionally unstable and could flake at any time.

Of course you need to talk to her and ask HER why she's so pathetic? Did the fill in b/f not deliver? Or has she realised her love for you? I woudnt go running back to someone like that without satisfying my doubts.

Let us know how your luncheon goes. Good luck :flowerforyou:

I think I'd agree with you the most Anna... and don't worry I'll be pretty blunt at this lunch. I think she flaked on me because I flaked on her early... it turned into a who is going to hurt who in her head.
  • jenbit
    Options

Well the good news is... she's F'n hot and the sex was good, so I'd be down for that short spin!

but thats not gonna help you get over her either. Its like giving alcohol to a guy in AA just a bad idea.. Resist temptation
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    Protect and have fun! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • poncho33
    Options

but thats not gonna help you get over her either. Its like giving alcohol to a guy in AA just a bad idea.. Resist temptation

Well how do you think I started drinking again?! jk. So what do you think her play is here?? She has a slew of guys that would bow at her feet, she doesn't need me for attention.
  • poncho33
    Options
    Protect and have fun! :bigsmile: :drinker:

haha, if you were my dad, I'd nominate you for father of the year :glasses:
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I agree with Carl
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

I agree with Carl

Agree as well. You're familiar. It's easier to rekindle something with you than try something fresh with the next guy in line.
  • jenbit
    Options

Well how do you think I started drinking again?! jk. So what do you think her play is here?? She has a slew of guys that would bow at her feet, she doesn't need me for attention.

I read something somewhere about women the other day that you might find interesting (note I'm a women and I dont mean all women so dont rip my head off)

Women treat men they've left like shoes in thier closet. Yes the shoe is last season and so you've thrown it to the back of your closet. But every once in a while you take out those shoes and put them back on just to see if they still look good...

She might be feeling nostalgic about you guys right now and wants to try on those "shoes again"
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of teh above. Also, she may be wanting to do family type of activities and since you bonded with her son, you just might be the one filling in as dad. Not saying that's bad but you should figure out if you two work together before getting the kid attatched to you.
  • poncho33
    Options

I read something somewhere about women the other day that you might find interesting (note I'm a women and I dont mean all women so dont rip my head off)

Women treat men they've left like shoes in thier closet. Yes the shoe is last season and so you've thrown it to the back of your closet. But every once in a while you take out those shoes and put them back on just to see if they still look good...

She might be feeling nostalgic about you guys right now and wants to try on those "shoes again"

So then answer this (if it were you): If the shoe fits or looks good, then what happens??
  • jenbit
    Options

So then answer this (if it were you): If the shoe fits or looks good, then what happens??

Oh This wouldn't be me I never go back to my ex'es I remember why we split up and I never like to make the same mistake twice:blushing:
    However if the shoe fits or looks good you wear it for a while before throwing it back in your closet..
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Exes are exes for a reason. Always best to keep moving forward.
  • AllanMisner
    Options

She's wearing the used shoes while she shops for new ones. He'll be the same f'n shoe, but she'll have it in her mind he's better.

F her unconscious and walk.
  • jenbit
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

She's wearing the used shoes while she shops for new ones. He'll be the same f'n shoe, but she'll have it in her mind he's better.

F her unconscious and walk.
    [/quote]

^^^^^ BTW I fully approve of this statement lol.... Just dont let yourself get hurt...
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Yeah this.

Or maybe she needs something, because she is in a bad spot right now. Chances are you're more likely to help given your past...

I wouldn't go near her anyway.
    She's decided not to move to the same place as you, there were reasons for this, for this failure. It's not going to be magical suddenly between the two of you...
    I wouldn't even go for a short spin - I'd go elsewhere for that, as with her this might attract more problems in the future (she knows you, knows how to find you, knows what string to pull probably).

But, you know her better than I do...