New with question

nitaot
nitaot Posts: 14 Member
Okay, I'm new to the site (fairly) and brand-new to this group! Have done a lot of research, and think a reset is in order. Figured out that I should be eating 1767 calories per day, and figured out too how to change my goal settings here. But my next question is this...how do I know how much protein, fat, etc I should be putting into those settings? Would love advice! :)

Can't stay stuck at this weight forever! :)

Anita

Replies

• keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Welcome aboard Anita!

Just wondering what your stats are BMR and TDEE wise? 1767 for a reset just seems a bit low to me and I was just wondering, making sure you've got the right number and so on.

The group standard settings seems to have carbs at 40%, protein at 30%, and fat 30%. Also don't be afraid to bump up your fibre goal a bit - mfp default is a little low and more fibre keeps you feeling full longer. A good goal is 30g of fibre.

Best wishes on your weight loss goals!
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    You are right around my number...I eat 1800 on my reset. I agree with the 40-30-30; it has been really good for me. Good luck :)
  • nitaot
    nitaot Posts: 14 Member
    So glad I am here, so that I can get the right figures! I have never really cared about this stuff before, but now that I am over 40, I want to get SERIOUS!!!!

BMR=1519
    TDEE=2088

So please do let me know if I am not on the right track...I have done so much research tonight my brain is fried! :)