Some advice

BaileyBoo13524
BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
Hey everyone I am hoping to get some better answers here than in the forums. So I have been reading up a lot on weight loss plateaus. I've been stuck for over 5 months now and can't get below 150lbs. I have read that you are supposed to increase your calories by 10%, but have also heard that if you weight less your body doesn't need as many calories which makes sense I guess. I am currently eating 1900 per day. Any suggestions? Insight? I am so overwhelmed!

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Yes if you weigh less, your body doesnt need as much calories as someone heavier.. but it still needs calories:)...

Best way is to go here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Find your BMR (Basal Metabolis rate) this is the absolute minimum cals your body needs just to survive in a coma.
    enter in your information correctly, and then it will give you your TDEE ( maintenance cals). This is how much you need to eat to maintain your current weight.. Then you can take a 15% cut frm that and that is for your weight loss cals:)

Then you will see if 1900 is too little, or too much for what you need to do
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Thanks I have calculated these things and 1900 is right in between my 15-20% cut. I just really want to start seeing results again I've finished Insanity and am now doing RushFit/10k training hope it gets things moving again!